What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Neutral Milk Hotel
Girl of the North Country- M. Ward Conor Oberst and Jim James
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Pestilence - Reduced to Ashes

Beck : Guero

I like this man's style.

The White Stripes : Get Behind Me Satan

Some good songs, some alright songs.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Slayer - God Hates Us All

Rage Against the Machine : Evil Empire

One of my favorite CD's. I wish I could have seen them live.

I just recently started listening to whole CD's, not just songs, and I have a new appreciation for music. Just downloading single songs I liked put me in a strange bubble of musical taste.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Rage Against the Machine : Evil Empire

One of my favorite CD's. I wish I could have seen them live.

I just recently started listening to whole CD's, not just songs, and I have a new appreciation for music. Just downloading single songs I liked put me in a strange bubble of musical taste.
yeah, i wish i saw them live too, i was planing to but on the day they were performing i had my final exams in highschool ...
i can' decide which one of their albums is my favourite, the first one is the funkiest, evil empire is the angriest and battle of l.a. the rockiest whilst renegades is just plane awsome!
right now i'm listening to ryan adams cold roses disc 2....amazing album....

Originally Posted by adidasss
yeah, i wish i saw them live too, i was planing to but on the day they were performing i had my final exams in highschool ...
i can' decide which one of their albums is my favourite, the first one is the funkiest, evil empire is the angriest and battle of l.a. the rockiest whilst renegades is just plane awsome!
right now i'm listening to ryan adams cold roses disc 2....amazing album....
All of them would fall into the category of "One of my favorite albums." Their style varied so much but remained their own and the bassist climbed the tower at the award show.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
, SuperUnknown- Black Hole Sun, their best track, far better than the over played Teen Spirit.
Black Hole Sun is a great song but that crappy guitar solo. Just a bunch of random screechy notes put together that sound really bad. Like some of John Cale's solos in The Velvet Underground.

Meanwhile: Friend of the Devil - Keller Williams (Grateful Dead cover).

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
My favorite genre's Hip-Hop, not Rap, but it doesn't mean I won't get down with the get down and listen to other kick ass music.
Cool . In that case maybe you can explain the difference between rap and hip hop. I've always wondered that.

Originally Posted by Strummer521
Cool . In that case maybe you can explain the difference between rap and hip hop. I've always wondered that.
To me it's content. I can't really relate to someone that's talking about shooting someone in the face for a pair of Reebok's (Rap) but I can relate to someone that's struggling to make it (Hip Hop). I think a lot of it has to do with style too. Rap's more straight forward while Hip-Hop's, generally, a little more creative with the beats and lyrics.

Aesop Rock - Hip Hop
Dubee - Rap

Maybe Anon.Last can jump in on this.

That makes sense Pimp. Thanks for clearing it up. I had been wondering about that for a long time. I agree with you that hip hop is better than rap.

Meanwhile: Rebecca - String Cheese Incident with a bunch of bluegrass players from Nashville sitting in. About as far from both rap and hip hop as it gets.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Rhythm of the Road - String Cheese Incident

I think I would call these guys the today's Grateful Dead as opposed to what most people say ( Phish ). They sound much closer to The Dead and one of their major influences is the same: American roots music. STI is just as adventurous with their setlists, playing and who they colaborate with as Phish but they they are just a tighter band all around. Also like The Dead they can carry on a long jam without getting tedious.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I don't really get production values
I don't exactly either, although I have a pretty good idea. Sedai, could you explain how you determine whether or not an album has good production values?

meanwhile: Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

I'm listenin' to it just for you Adidasss. I think this is the first time I have heard his work (even though technically it's not his song). Pretty solid stuff.