MISCELLANEOUS

Tools    

Hi Doc,

I'm saying his wife did NOT appear in the film. But in the book, she's present at the first pool where Ned begins his journey - as if they are just a happy couple visiting friends.

In the film, Ned only talks about his wife when he's at the first pool (and he even names his trek of swimming pools "The Lucinda River" after his wife), but by the end of the movie we can assume that he and Lucinda have been broken up (or worse) for at least several months if not longer.

If the movie had been just like the book - with Lucinda present at the beginning - then it probably would've left audiences scratching their heads even MORE than they already were by the end.
Well, my memory is better than I thought then.. You're right about that-- if her presence had been included it would have been even more confusing.

On another subject, I've always read that Lancaster was tough to work with-- very demanding and a bit of a bully. I grew up on his films though, and really liked him.

Walking to Dunkin just now for daily coffee, a mentally ill drug addict asks me for a quarter, which I don’t have. I enjoy my coffee & daily snack & leave Dunkin. I meet the same guy going in the opposite direction, but, in the interval, he now asks for a dollar. What is this: inflation on the street?
Sorry, I thought you may have felt bad for not giving me a quarter and wanted to make up for it.

What if your employer was a narcissistic control freak and spied on you outside of work, finding your message board account, hiring someone to create their own account on the same board, instructed them to converse with you on the message board and then finally putting them to work with you in close quarters? What if the corporation you worked for did that? What is the most worrisome part of this hypothetical situation? Is it the invasion of your privacy or is it the desire of your employer to spare no expense when it comes to controlling your social life? I believe this here describes the narcissist personality type, where the narcissist preys on independent individuals, trying to isolate them and control thier lives. What do you think? Good story material?

I could only imagine what corporate meetings to discuss the plan to manipulate your social life outside of work would be like. "He must not be allowed to associate with anyone outside of our chosen personnel!" "God forbid he breaks out of our circle of trained actors we hired to pretend to be his friend and make some real friends! We cannot let this happen!"

Sorry, I thought you may have felt bad for not giving me a quarter and wanted to make up for it.
Didn’t give you a quarter because I rarely carry cash.

1776 excerpt out of context
It occurred to me as soon as his problem was solved, our problem was solved

Brings to mind the thought that you don't request a man with his own problems to help solve your problems before his own. Has a profound universal sense to it.

I thought this would be totally cringeworthy, but I loved it. Turns out Blinken’s hugest influence is Eric Clapton. He’s seen him perform 75 times apparently. I loved that he revealed this as I love Clapton.

https://www.google.com/search?q=to+y...Og5XX9Ud0,st:0

Hey all, hows it going?

Hope you're having a great October!

Hi all! Almost Friday, any plans for the weekend?

Re-modeling or remolding?
Ha, both. I pulled off the front door modelings yesterday and my wife painted them. Then it rained overnight even though it wasn't suppose to...So now the molding paint is wet, ugh.

I remember this hair metal rock song in the late 1980s that never played on the radio again. Since then I searched high and low for it but seems it doesnt actually exist. Yet I can remember the main lead guitar lick like its fresh in my ears, I can hear it clear as day. Along with other bits of the song. Cant remember the words but it was a huge anthem thing in the vein of Bon Jovi but darker and dirtier. I can hear the echo of those vocals. Did I live in an alternate timeline and since changing universes am now the only person that remembers this song?

I was watching this Vincent Price flick and here he is standing in front of a movie theater, admission prices are $1.00 high, 0.25¢ low.

The Tingler (1959)

What does that say?
LOGES

First time I ever saw the word "loges" as it has long since fallen out of usage. Nowadays they would say "balcony".