Ingmar Bergman

Tools    

Winter Light is a really good one that seems to get less notice. Any of you seen it? Thoughts?
I think it was one of his better films, from the perspective of someone who has been to seminary and had to think about how to answer some tough questions. I also think he was a pastor who had not heard the gospel until his caretaker unwittingly explains it to him.

I just bought the criterion box on Bergman. It has 40+ films included in the set. I have seen a handful of these: Winter Light, Through a Glass Darkly, The silence (I don't get this one. I'll have to re-watch it), The Seventh Seal, and Scenes From a Marriage. I like existential philosophy and Bergman thrives on the stuff. I'm looking forward to moving through the Criterion box.

I just bought the criterion box on Bergman. It has 40+ films included in the set. I have seen a handful of these: Winter Light, Through a Glass Darkly, The silence (I don't get this one. I'll have to re-watch it), The Seventh Seal, and Scenes From a Marriage. I like existential philosophy and Bergman thrives on the stuff. I'm looking forward to moving through the Criterion box.
I watched through the whole thing over the summer. It's defintiely a journey, but it was a lot of fun and I ended up learning a lot. Be sure to keep an eye out for all of Bergman's brief cameos in the pre-1955 movies!

I love the Silence & I love the entire trilogy.

When I first watched them, it was my favorite of the three.
Through a Glass Darkly was my original fave, but I think now it’s Winter Light