Body of Growing Pains Star Andrew Koenig Found Dead

Tools    

Body of Growing Pains Star Andrew Koenig Found Dead

After a high-profile, weeklong hunt for the former Growing Pains star, Vancouver police announced Thursday that they believed they had found the body of the 41-year-old in the park where he was last seen alive 11 days ago.

The remains were discovered around noon in the expansive Stanley Park. More details are expected to be announced at a 5 p.m. press conference.

Police launched an exhaustive search for the actor-filmmaker on Sunday, when he was reported missing after failing to board his flight back to the U.S.

Koenig, who had a history of depression, was last seen just two days earlier, on Feb. 14.

His disappearance prompted multiple public and heartfelt pleas from his parents, Walter and Judith Koenig, while numerous famous friends sounded the alarm online.

Source: E! Online

Quick note: Andrew Koenig was also known as the Joker in Batman: Dead End

Stanley Park, shady during the day from the trees and shady at night for many other reasons.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It really is too tragic. I posted the video of Walter Koenig's speech at my blog. It's absolutely tear-jerking. http://tinyurl.com/KoenigVideo

Sad story... my heart goes out to his family and friends...

May he find the peace in death he apparently never found in life...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
R.I.P.

I never watched the show and don't really know too much about him, but without being too insensitive, I just want to make sure that everyone knows that he was the son of the original "Star Trek"'s Chekhov (Walter Koenig).

I never thought I'd say this, but, Bye, Bye, Boner.

Really though -- this is sad and tragic and I feel sorry for poor Chekhov.