Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

wow. my whole mind just went blank when i saw that website.
well, my question is: is it animated? or live action?
i personally think they need to make it live action, it would be so interesting to see what they looked like transformed into real life characters.

anyways, i would personally like to see a live action fantasy film, instead of a too much like the games animationy cartoon they're planning to make.

anyone else agree? disagree?

update: ok i know now that it is going to be live action with live actors. if you go to the website, it will say all the stuff you want to know.
i personally think making an indie film for LOZ is a really bad idea! we need to think bigger and leave it to the professionals!

Here are would be my "casting choices" for if there was going to be a Legend of Zelda film. I was looking more along the lines of the Ocarina of Time storyline and characters. So let me know what you guys think about my opinions.
To look at the pictures of the certain individual, click on the link right below the underlined name. Let me know if any of the urls arent working correctly. thanks.
Let me know your opinions as well!!!

Link: James van der Beek :He is pretty good for the part. I don't know about Orlando bloom though. I can't see him being Link after he was in Lord of the Rings.

http://www.boyzone2.com/assets/image...vanderbeek.jpg

http://movieshop.ru/catalog/people/007000/007078/i.jpg

Princess Zelda: Keira Knightley : She has that angelic face of a true princess and she also proved(in King Arthur) that she can kick serious ass. I originally considered Gretchen Mol for Zelda, but she is now too old to play such a young princess.

http://www2.filmweb.no/multimedia/ar..._Pi_29227a.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/03496...htley,%20Keira

Ganondorf: Jason Isaacs : He has that evil look on his face of a madman and real bad ass villain. Besides that, he also is strong and tough for the battle scenes with Link and others.

http://www.gloomygus.org/images/dh5.jpg

http://www.nndb.com/people/235/00005...son-isaacs.jpg

Impa: Uma Thurman : She proved in (Kill Bill Vol.1 and 2) that she can also kick butt, even at her age! I think the actress that plays Impa should really have that kind of background, and be tough for the role.

http://www.celebs001.com/Uma-Thurman/9.jpg

http://image.pathfinder.com/time/asi...16/thurman.jpg

King of Hyrule(Zelda's father): Sean Connery : He's been a king many times, and never has he, bored us with his performances.

http://www.sean-connery.net/filmogra...ex/noventa.jpg

Talon: Danny Devito : He could add a bit of spark to Talon's character, and in the game, Talon is a loving and crazy father of Malon.

http://www.7arte.net/imagens/actores/00113.jpg

http://www.kinoweb.de/film99/LivingOutLoud/pix/liv3.jpg

Princess Ruto(female zora in OoT): Katie Holmes : Also having a cute, angelic face, she could bring her tough and cute personality to Ruto's role. Ruto is a guide for Link in Water temple, as well as one of the sages.

http://systeus.free.fr/big/katie-holmes.jpg

http://www.gotterdammerung.org/human...tie-holmes.jpg

Young Ruto: Sarah Ramos : She just looks like she could play a tough, tomboyish character like young Ruto for maybe flashbacks or intro to Legend of Zelda!?

http://www.tvtome.com/images/people/...7-29909-sm.jpg

Ingo: John Leguizamo :He could play Ingo, the often pessemistic, and laid back employee at Lon Lon Ranch. Leguizamo can bring his sarcastic jokes and personality to the role of Ingo.

http://images.hollywood.com/images/large/l_384597.jpg

http://www.comedystars.com/Bios/_pic...izamo_john.jpg

Rauru: Dennis Franz: I think this guy would be GREAT for the role of Rauru. Someone earlier mentioned Ian McKellan for Rauru? I can't possibly agree with them. He already had been a noble hero and idol in Lord of the Rings, so why in this as well??

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/MMPH/249781.jpg

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo...ranz/franz.jpg

Dampe: Anthony Hopkins :Why not? He's got a mysterious tone to his personality and roles. This could work on someone like Dampe. Even though, he is not a major character, he could somehow be connected to Link.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.co...-hopkins01.jpg

http://images.zap2it.com/ltvimages/i...opkins_001.jpg

Now, I understand this sounds really expensive, let alone the ACTORS! But, this is what something like Legend of Zelda needs. A real true film with valuable actors, and a great storyline could make this even bigger than Lord of the Rings.

S.W Enterprises
if you do'n't know who i am then i probably don't know who you are

movie bugs casting ideas

i agree with all your ideas except link and possibly zelda. For link all i can say is please
not him in the movie i don't know who but not him. For zelda i guess shes okay but
i'm sure they could find better my fellow zelda fan at my school thinks nicole kidman
probably because shes got the hair thing going on,who knows.
By the way do you think link should have some sort of sidekick like navi or maybe a person and should link fight a big gannon monster at the end?

yeah i think link should have a sidekick. maybe navi(but shes also too small, so what could she possibly do except help guide him and give him extra lives??) another possibility is shiek, but he doesnt come in until the middle of the movie then. so, i think link works mostly solo, with his guide, navi.
another thing....i know that nicole kidman cannot play zelda: you dont see her being way too old for the part? sure she has the hair, and maybe the face, but come on.
zelda needs to be young and angelic, so she seems like such a pure element in the world of zelda. anyways, i personally dont think nicole kidman will "look" the part. im sure she could act it well, but not look the part. she's so old, she could be the queen!
yeah. there should be an all out apocalypic battle between link and gannon. they should at least stay true to the most important battles in Ocarina of time, if they would do one on Ocarina of Time. and i would say the battle between gannon and link is VERY important.

...alright. i'll try to just say this briefly, because i know you all have chat rooms to get back to. I was looking up "The Legend of Zelda" movie online for some insite, and came upon this page. i read your thoughts on the game-to-movie translation, and who you thought should play the parts. and let me just say, you all are quite frankly, IDIOTS! with the exeption of a few (crowchild85, i felt your pain) you nearly made me vomit with your lack of comprehention of the epic scale of the Legend of Zelda. It is not a project that you can just throw some famous names at (peter jackson, orlando bloom, or whatever your tiny minds can concieve) and hope that it turns out better than crap! Shigeru Miyamoto would want to put a revelvor to his head if he saw what you wrote. and if you don't even know who he is, then you should just put your controller down right now, and stop playing forever. i don't care what any of you think about this, i registered on this site for the soul reason to tell you all that you don't understand that if it was as easy as many of you suggest, then they would have DONE IT ALREADY!!
here's my point. as an amatur film director trying to make his way, i know that the Zelda legend is beyong us all. and until that fabled day comes when a director who understands the story and how to make every singel shot count puts all our favorite video game to screen, we should all just stop talking about a movie. Almost all of you seriosly piss me off. it is my favorite fiction story and i'm glad that SM hasn't sold the license for it yet, because i won't ever forgive the director that misses even the slightest justice to this game.
As far as Ocarina of Time, that story was made for cinema. It was a hit as a game and will be unparalleled as a movie. LOTR couldn't even touch what OOT has the potential for. I hope you all understand that stories like this don't come every sunrise, and that it is so fragile, it would ruin the legacy forever if it does was many of you suggest. -there are only three things, a "triforce" of ideas to remember about making this into a movie. stay true to the game, stay true to the idea from the creator, and most of all, stay true to the legend...
...thank you... -w.k.w.

Originally Posted by zeldasaver
...alright. i'll try to just say this briefly, because i know you all have chat rooms to get back to. I was looking up "The Legend of Zelda" movie online for some insite, and came upon this page. i read your thoughts on the game-to-movie translation, and who you thought should play the parts. and let me just say, you all are quite frankly, IDIOTS! with the exeption of a few (crowchild85, i felt your pain) you nearly made me vomit with your lack of comprehention of the epic scale of the Legend of Zelda. It is not a project that you can just throw some famous names at (peter jackson, orlando bloom, or whatever your tiny minds can concieve) and hope that it turns out better than crap! Shigeru Miyamoto would want to put a revelvor to his head if he saw what you wrote. and if you don't even know who he is, then you should just put your controller down right now, and stop playing forever. i don't care what any of you think about this, i registered on this site for the soul reason to tell you all that you don't understand that if it was as easy as many of you suggest, then they would have DONE IT ALREADY!!
here's my point. as an amatur film director trying to make his way, i know that the Zelda legend is beyong us all. and until that fabled day comes when a director who understands the story and how to make every singel shot count puts all our favorite video game to screen, we should all just stop talking about a movie. Almost all of you seriosly piss me off. it is my favorite fiction story and i'm glad that SM hasn't sold the license for it yet, because i won't ever forgive the director that misses even the slightest justice to this game.
As far as Ocarina of Time, that story was made for cinema. It was a hit as a game and will be unparalleled as a movie. LOTR couldn't even touch what OOT has the potential for. I hope you all understand that stories like this don't come every sunrise, and that it is so fragile, it would ruin the legacy forever if it does was many of you suggest. -there are only three things, a "triforce" of ideas to remember about making this into a movie. stay true to the game, stay true to the idea from the creator, and most of all, stay true to the legend...
...thank you... -w.k.w.
Hes right you know...Zelda can only be Zelda and Link only Link no one more no one at all

If they started the movie when Link and Zelda were kids, I think that the should be played by Daryll Sabara (Spy Kids) and Dakota Fanning (Hide & Seek, Cat in the Hat)

having just beaten the game for teh first time i think noone has the right to direct it besides shigiro Miyomoto. I dont care what you think if he directs it i will wait in line for weeks before its release

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh your right he is perfect ,but who would play link hmmm maybe a new actor ,but not elisha or orlando, hopefully it won't suck,

i would prefer a new actor that fits the role perfectly rather than a serious US actor with $ on the brain, oh and the gig requires he plays threw the game

Originally Posted by zeldasaver
...thank you... -w.k.w.

LOL. you are an amateur directior: with that attitude...your not gonna get far.
I agree with you in some aspects.
Yes, Legend of Zelda is a beautiful story and should not be wasted......but Shigero as director?
Are you ****ing nuts?
It would be a bunch of japanese guys who dont look anything like in the game, and sure: the story, would maybe be well done...but everything else would be too japanese-ish.
Have any of you ever seen the Legend of Zelda music videos that are exclusively only in Japan?
Let me just tell you.....it was appalling to watch...(Link had slick black hair, the crappy orange and green cartoon clothes, zelda had pitch black hair, and Ganon looked like an oversized Plush Toy. It was just disheartening....)
sure, thats just a music video but thats the style of Japanese arts and cinema....they need to transfer it to American cinema and Hollywood.........but yes a responsible director who understands EVERYTHING about the game, and how it could be portrayed....
everything else you say, i think the people on the board have great ideas...but others maybe not so great.
A Legend of Zelda movie could be turned into the ****ing best movie in all history, but it just needs to be handled properly. That's what i think...

I honestly to God hope that you people are all joking with this live action Zelda crap. Do you seriously believe that any U.S. actor is going to waste a fraction of there life for a video game movie? The answer is no. Not Orlando Bloom, not Johnny Depp, not anybody. Also, if the movie was going to be made it would be made by a either Nintendo's Miyamoto or some big Japanese movie company. Come on, get your minds back to reality, the the actors that you all wish would star in this fantastic live action film of yours wouldn't live anywhere in America. They aren't going to make a Japanese movie based off of a Japanese game with American actors. Come on, that’s about as silly as a samurai movie featuring an American as the lead role (yes that’s exaggerating).
In my opinion (and many others) the movie would only work with CG environments and characters. You can't do a Zelda movie (trilogy in my mind) with live actors and do the game a bit of justice...It just isn't possible. I think anyone who thinks that this is accomplishable is hyped up on crazy pills and, in my book, earns DA of the Month award. I would also like to reward those of you who still wish to argue the rights of a live action film a little thing I like to call the finger.
~ZAPcon
(Oh, and the last part was only to be mean...peace)

Here are my comments on your views:

Originally Posted by ZAPcon
I honestly to God hope that you people are all joking with this live action Zelda crap. Do you seriously believe that any U.S. actor is going to waste a fraction of there life for a video game movie? The answer is no.
No, we are not joking about this live action Zelda movie.....how would it be a waste? Half of the american actors out there got their careers made, acting from video games and stuff like that. Anyways, if they saw the story and plot, they would love it....and if not, then they obviously dont know anything about choosing good roles and stories....

They aren't going to make a Japanese movie based off of a Japanese game with American actors.
Who ever said it had to be a Japanese movie with American actors??? A film industry would have to buy the story and characters from the creator....and then they could just make it an all American movie.....I c why, though, the creator of the popular LOZ series, may be a bit hesitant about giving it up since he made a huge mistake giving away Super Marios Bros...

In my opinion (and many others) the movie would only work with CG environments and characters. You can't do a Zelda movie (trilogy in my mind) with live actors and do the game a bit of justice...It just isn't possible.

Wow, then you are just retarted and have the slightest idea for making a good movie. It doesnt HAVE to be loaded with CG environments and characters.....sure, maybe some stuff may be CG created....but what fantasy or sci fi movie nowadays doesnt have CG created stuff????? or at least a successful movie that everyone likes....

Another thing; this doesnt mean the filmmakers couldnt go out to real locations, and stuff....there are tons of beautiful spots around the globe where this could become life!!!!.....and actors...well, a good makeup and FX team could turn a human actor into a pretty convincing character.....
HAH! "You can't do a Zelda movie with live actors and do the game a bit of justice" dude....this doesnt make any sense......there are hundreds of A-list actors who could fit into the characters....you just OBVIOUSLY HAVE no sense of vision...or imagination...

I think anyone who thinks that this is accomplishable is hyped up on crazy pills and, in my book, earns DA of the Month award. I would also like to reward those of you who still wish to argue the rights of a live action film a little thing I like to call the finger.
LOL. Hyped on crazy pills.....right.......so your saying someone who wants to create a highly imaginative, yet "possibly" successful video game based movie, is HYPED ON CRAZY PILLS......ok....
Quit rambling and complaining, and do something out in the world, buddy. Nobody likes a complainer.....

i dunno, a zelda movie? i don't know if i believe you...but these are my opinions:
actors/ actresses- i think they'd have to be realy good...but actually somebody who isn't really famous, you know? like, it would be odd to see somebody you recognize playing a chracter from zelda.
would the plot be based on one of the games? like, the ocarina or something?

I honestly to God hope that you people are all joking with this live action Zelda crap. Do you seriously believe that any U.S. actor is going to waste a fraction of there life for a video game movie? The answer is no. Not Orlando Bloom, not Johnny Depp, not anybody. Also, if the movie was going to be made it would be made by a either Nintendo's Miyamoto or some big Japanese movie company. Come on, get your minds back to reality, the the actors that you all wish would star in this fantastic live action film of yours wouldn't live anywhere in America. They aren't going to make a Japanese movie based off of a Japanese game with American actors. Come on, that’s about as silly as a samurai movie featuring an American as the lead role (yes that’s exaggerating).
In my opinion (and many others) the movie would only work with CG environments and characters. You can't do a Zelda movie (trilogy in my mind) with live actors and do the game a bit of justice...It just isn't possible. I think anyone who thinks that this is accomplishable is hyped up on crazy pills and, in my book, earns DA of the Month award. I would also like to reward those of you who still wish to argue the rights of a live action film a little thing I like to call the finger.
~ZAPcon
(Oh, and the last part was only to be mean...peace)
I've been waiting my whole life for a Zelda movie so don't say that CRAP!

Is anybody goin to answer my statement! (#187)

no, i don't think so...first:
daryll sabara isn't slended enough. i mean like, pointy. or elflike. yeah, elfish sounds better...
dakota fanning might be alright.....yeah, she'd work. i dunno. like i said, i think they should be not very well known actors.

I just hope for the love of god.....!!! They don't **** this zelda movie up, if there will be one.
SOOO many people practically "obsess" over seeing this as a movie, and if it's not done correctly...then nobody will ever see Hollywood filmmakers in the "same light" if you know what i mean.
just NO ORLANDO BLOOM OR DARYL(from Spy Kids) that's it!!!

oh god, there is no way they can cast oralndo bloom!!!!!! that would be...ugh..*shudders*

Originally Posted by timeless
... there is no way they can cast oralndo bloom!!!!!! ...
Please no is right! I have been seeing his face and hearing his name for so long, I could scream.