Prequel to The Matrix?

Tools    

Could we please have a per-quell of the Matrix?
I really loved that movie(s)!
Wish they'd do something before like what they are doing for Alien (Prometheus) .

You mean prequel?

There's been rumours going round for a decade about more Matrix movies... whether sequels or prequels, but the rumours have been doing the rounds for ages but have been false.

The last fresh lot of rumours were in March 2014... it was said once the Wachowskis were finished with Jupiter Ascending (due to be released in 2015) they would start on a new lot of Matrix films... as rumours go though, apparently they have already written scripts for 2 more Matrix films.

If you like The Matrix though, have a look at The Animatrix... it's an expansion of the original films.

Well, hey thanks a bunch for the insight I really love the idea of the Matrix, I feel I am in it everyday!
Even though that movie Prometheus was a prequel I think they could do something really good with the Matrix to re-captivate us all.

What sparked my imagination from Prometheus when David (android) and Dr. Shaw left the military planet in search of whom Dr. Shaw thought may be their creators. Well, that's sparked within me why they should rewrite the Matrix!? I want a new Matrix store maybe?, is that wrong? A prequel like what they did with Prometheus. My imagination hungers for it.

I'm not sure who much a prequel to the Matrix would work but I'd be happy to see more films

If you like The Matrix though, have a look at The Animatrix... it's an expansion of the original films.
Definitely. Some of them are prequels, too. I like some better than others but that's the beauty of it: it's a collection of short films, and you're all but guaranteed to really enjoy a few of them.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Watching a prequel to the Matrix would be more or less watching the Terminator. Just pop in the first Terminator and watch some of Reese's flash backs ha .

But really, i would love to see either sequels or prequels to the Matrix, the first installment is one of my favorite films.

Folks already bash the sequels enough for my blood. I'd rather not see anymore. Which of course means we will.

It should be an office comedy about Thomas Anderson and his mundane life pre-red pill.

I would like to see a "midquel" Like a story between the 2nd and third installments, or do I mean between the 1st and 2nd? Anyway a "midquel" would be cool.

I would like to see a "midquel" Like a story between the 2nd and third installments, or do I mean between the 1st and 2nd? Anyway a "midquel" would be cool.
A "betweequel" perhaps?

Interesting 7thson, but Matrix Revolutions takes place literally right after Matrix Reloaded. So it would be kind of hard. Although interesting like I said to see someone try and pull it off.

I thought I heard something about a Matrix prequel set entirely in the real world about the war with the machines and the establishment of Zion.