The Giver

Tools    

The Giver by Lois Lowry was one of my absolute favorite novels as a kid. My University did the play adaptation also written by Lowry. Many people found it to be boring and not well written. I'm wondering if the film will be similar.

MERYL STREEP plays the chief elder (scream), Alexander Skarsgard plays the father (swoon), and Jeff Bridges plays the Giver. Taylor Swift will be playing a character as well..not sure how to feel about this.

I'm very excited for this movie. Any thoughts?

Well, I never read The Giver, but it never seemed to me like it would be anything like the hunger games. And let me tell you, this movie looks a LOT like the Hunger Games.
Fire walk with me.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I'd never even heard of this book until I joined Goodreads and it was everywhere. Is this some kind of set text in American schools? I think I'll read the book before I watch the film anyway.

I remember reading that book. I'm surprised they're making a movie on it. About time.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I had to read the book in school and f**king hated it. The movie looks pretty decent though.

i think this is nice film

I guess my mind's eye has a problem with scope or something because I envisioned the world of "The Giver" to be much smaller than what I've seen in the trailer. I'll see it for Bridges in any case.