Seven vs Goodfellas?

Tools    

How gruesome and gross is se7en? Is the fat guy scene at the start the worst, or does it keep getting worse? Do some scenes make you feel sick?
Se7en is very gruesome. Definitely not for the squeamish or the faint of heart. So if you're scared that it will make you feel sick, then either stay away from it, or watch it on an empty stomach.

Goodfellas has plenty of violence as well, but it's not as disturbing or shocking.

Goodfellas is a lot more fun and light-hearted then Se7en. It depends on the mood you're in. If you're depressed or down in the dumps, I wouldn't suggest watching Se7en. But if you want something more light-hearted then watch Goodfellas. They're both great movies, but still very different. Here's my opinion on it.
If you want something really well made but is often times hard to watch, then Se7en is for you.
If you want something that has a better and longer story with more characters and themes, watch Goodfellas.
Fire walk with me.

Bob
Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Thanks, but would a 14 year old enjoy goodfellas, or will he be bored at times. Some films he has watched and enjoyed through,y are The Dark Knight, The Shawshank Remption, Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile, Terminator 2 and lots more.

Bob
Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Here's the real question. Which do you dislike more, violence or language?
None really, I don't mind either, however what I don't want to see is really gory stuff which shows the insides of peoples bodies and stuff, apart from that I'm fine with violence and language

Thanks, but would a 14 year old enjoy goodfellas, or will he be bored at times. Some films he has watched and enjoyed through,y are The Dark Knight, The Shawshank Remption, Saving Private Ryan, The Green Mile, Terminator 2 and lots more.
There's no way he will be bored.

Well since you watched Shawshank, and while Shawshank is a masterpiece, it's a lot slower paced than Goodfellas in my opinion. So, I think that you can handle Goodfellas. It isn't an action packed movie, it's very story driven, but it is still very entertaining. Multiple people narrate the story and it keeps the story flowing and interesting.

Bob
Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Thanks a lot guys

They're both highly boring.

Se7en for me and two great movies.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
morganfreeman, morganfreeman, morganfreeman...

I was ten when Goodfellas came out and I loved it as much or more back then. As violent as some of the parts of Goodfellas are, I would say nothing compares to the imagery from Se7en. The codpiece cathouse scene would not be one I would want to explain.

I think it depends more on the kid, than the movie.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
If you like Se7en you'd probably like it's sequel Ei8ht.

Apples and oranges. Juicy, delicious apples and oranges.

Hi

Just interested in your opinions on which do you think is the better film and why, Se7en or Goodfellas?

And what would you say is the minimum age to view each film? Eg se7en 15 Goodfellas 12 etc.

Thanks
Goodfellas >>>> Seven

Seven is good but Goodfellas is a great film. Though both films are in very different genres, Seven is a thriller while Goodfellas is a movie to enjoy the fantasy of living the "gangster dream life".