Luis' thoughts on movies. (Non-new releases)

→ in
Tools    

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I have a seperate thread on new 2017 movie releases that you can check here. These will be my thoughts on movies that I watch through the end of the year that came out before 2017.

I will give paragraph long mini-reviews. I love seeing the other users doing their own movie logs so i figured this would be an excellent way to stay organized.

1. Toy Story (1995)

I will start off by re-watching all films done by Pixar Animation Studios in preparation of Coco, which I will be watching in a week. I'm mildly critical when it comes to movies, and I hardly ever give movies a perfect score. Last year there were only 2, this year there have been none. With Pixar. I can honestly give 6 of their feature films a perfect score, so I think you can tell I'm in love with this studio. Stick around to find out which ones get all 100 points!! Let's start!!

1. Toy Story

Release Year: 1995

A lot of people would not hesitate to regard this as Pixar's best work. Me? Well, I think this was as strong as a debut could be, but like any other debuts, they are a sign of the greatness that there is to come. Toy Story set the example for animated films to come, and it transcended a new era for the medium. While I think that the storytelling is more "to the point" than some other Pixar films, this still solidifies itself as an amazing film.

This probably has the best assemble of characters from any Pixar movie to date; each and every single toy has their charm, wit, and purpose. This probably also contains the best dialogue in Pixar's umbrella, striking for edgier wit with clever comical circumstances than any other mainstream animated film. It is entertaining, charming, and fast paced from beginning to end. Since this came out in 1995, the folks at Pixar were still evolving into masters in their craft and were still stretching their creative muscles. While I believe that Pixar has more sophisticated and complex stories under their belt, I am still going to give this an extremely high grade.

GRADE - 93/100