What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

"My Scenery", George Freeman
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The People's Republic of Clogher
Lush - Nothing Natural

The shoegazing-ness of Nothing Natural put me in mind of that peculiar little genre of early 90s Britpop. The one song that immediately spirings to mind is by bloody Chapterhouse.

I bet they always sat in the corner at parties...

I spied a track by Ride in the links on the Chapterhouse page and had to run away from the screen for a few minutes, so much was I laughing. How did Funky Drummer and 2 chords spawn so much fey nonsense? Lush were ok, though.

Thankfully:

Funky Drummer redeemed!

I love YouTube.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Them - It's All Over Now Baby Blue

Probably the only thing I can converse about with my dad on a civil level these days is about the R&B scene in Belfast in the 60s. Thankfully my mother got her way and named me after Bowie.

George Ivan Tacitus doesn't have the best ring in the world...