The Punisher

Tools    

The Punishment will begin April 16!
The Punisher starts April 16th!
Iam TOTALLY a HUGE fan of the Punisher. Iam seeing it for my birthday.

I'm pretty excited to see this movie. From what I heard of it in the beginning and the preview pictures I saw I wasn't impressed, but now that the trailer's out I'm starting to want to see it.

My boyfriend is a longtime Marvel Punisher comic reader, so I finally have a reason to drag him to the movie with me

You ready? You look ready.
Check out my review for this movie here.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I just saw this movie, and just as I had suspected the first the thing the writers did was re-write the history of the Punisher's origin, which was disappointing. The premise is basically the same though, Castle's family is killed and he goes on a rampage.

The lame "neighbor" characters should have been written out of the script completely, they were totally irrelevant to the story of The Punisher. John Travolta practically takes over the movie at one point, as the sinister yet totally wimpy Howard saint. Overall I think Thomas Jane did an excellent job playing the Punisher, despite the poorly plotted out storyline he had to work with.

The most interesting of Travolta's henchmen is "Harry Heck", the guitar playing hitman. Unfortunately he disappears almost as soon as he's introduced, which is disappointing since he is the most original character in the movie and he's only in two scenes. It would have been better to see more of the Harry Heck character.

Since i'm a big Punisher fan, I give this movie more credit than it deserves. It doesn't really get interesting until towards the end and they could have developed Castle's character alot more. I expected alot better but the movie does have its good moments, its worth checking out but don't expect an oscar-winning performance.

I still like the original better. It had a better story too.

In Tyler We Trust
that movie was awhile ago.....

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I still like the original better. It had a better story too.
The original was not better.

Dolph Lundgren sucked. Tom Jane, Frank Castle in the 2004 version, portrayed The Punisher much better. The film was more exciting, enthralling and explosive. I loved the humor and action much better. As for the story, I think it followed the comics to a tee. .

I'm back, un-n00bified.
He I no I'm way late on this but the movie was awsome. The best I've ever seen. Everyone else is giving me tons of crap about this movie.