The Little Girl Who Conquered Time

1983, Directed by Obayashi

The Name of the Rose

1986, Directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud

Double Indemnity
Is great,
surprised it hasn't won a HoF yet.

Dial M for Murder
Another great classic by the master of suspense.

H-8
Looks interesting, I will watch it and drop my opinion here.

Picnic at Hanging Rock
I like/love Peter Weir, so I will watch it eventually

The Name of the Rose
Great film, nice to see it get some attention.

Interesting group, some I need to see and some that definitely need to revisit. Good choices.

Wow! This is a fantastic group of nominations. I haven’t seen all of them, but the ones I have seen are great. I own at least 4 of them. I declare this will be the greatest hall ever!

Wow! This is a fantastic group of nominations. I haven’t seen all of them, but the ones I have seen are great. I own at least 4 of them. I declare this will be the greatest hall ever!
I declare that you're right! Very excited to start watching...looks like a great grouping of famous films and lesser known gems.

I'm not participating, but I wanted to share my thoughts. I've seen three of these and they're all great.

Double Indemnity is top-tier film noir. Great dialogue and a twisty plot.

Dial M for Murder is a great little thriller. It is my #3 favorite Hitchcock film.

Picnic at Hanging Rock was one I discovered last year and it remains one of the most mesmerizing and haunting films I've seen. I'm really curious to read the thoughts of everybody in here.

I guess we're suppose to keep who nominated the movies secret, which I like So I won't say which is my movie:

Double Indemnity 1944...I love noir and can't wait for Noirvember to start. Barbara Stanwyck is one of my all time favorite actresses. I have everyone of her movies that were available. Fred MacMurray is a favorite actor of mine. When I think of MacMurray I think of him from Double Indemnity and not My Three Sons.

Dial M for Murder 1954...Hitch films are always a great way to spend the evening with. I think I've seen all of his films sans his silents. Ray Milland is another favorite actor of mine and Grace Kelly looks so lovely in this.

H-8 1958
...I don't watch a lot of foreign films but one type I do enjoy is Yugoslavian films from the 1950s. A hidden gem.

Light in the Piazza 1962
...Yvette Mimieux looks charming in that photo, she of course shined in the sci-fi classic The Time Machine.

Blow-Up 1966, Michelangelo Antonioni...Classic mid 60s British cinema with the award winning Vanessa Redgrave.

Picnic at Hanging Rock 1975...Magical, mystical and thought provoking. What happens is up to you, the viewer.

The Little Girl Who Conquered Time 1983...Heart breaking story set in Japan in the mid 80s. It's about the feeling more than the setting.

The Name of the Rose 1986...What a story, everyone should know about this.

Gotta ask, what are your other two favorite Hitch's?
Vertigo and Psycho. Predictable choices, but there's a reason for that. That's my Top 3.