Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Osmosis Jones

Now this may be weird why I watched this but it was on TV on a day I didn't do anything so I thought what the hell. It felt very Disneyesque not sure if it was made by them or not, the animation was a bit dated, they had a few decent voice actors, Chris Rock was Osmosis (look up the rest). It had an underlying story to look after your body or you might die which I guess could appeal to children if they took notice. Overall wasn't a bad movie but it had been done all before and better.

2/5 Stars

To Captain Spaulding, sorry for my overreaction...I had just come from another movie site where you can't give your opinion without someone coming along immediately behind you and trashing you. So, I admit I was a little raw when I read your reply. And I certainly didn't mean to start a domino effect with people going back-and-forth concerning my post and yours. And to risk a huge *sigh* from Sexy Celebrity, I almost posted the Dude's comment that a couple of people posted. Hey, great minds and all.

And I guess I come from a more positive standpoint. I won't tell people I don't like something they do like. If I don't give you a rep point then you'll know that I either don't like your movie or usually, I haven't seen it. That's the way I prefer to go. No ill feelings either way. This is the best movie site I've come across, probably ever, where people truly love movies and are here to gather info from others. So all is well in my book. Peace.

To Captain Spaulding, sorry for my overreaction...I had just come from another movie site where you can't give your opinion without someone coming along immediately behind you and trashing you. So, I admit I was a little raw when I read your reply. And I certainly didn't mean to start a domino effect with people going back-and-forth concerning my post and yours. And to risk a huge *sigh* from Sexy Celebrity, I almost posted the Dude's comment that a couple of people posted. Hey, great minds and all.

And I guess I come from a more positive standpoint. I won't tell people I don't like something they do like. If I don't give you a rep point then you'll know that I either don't like your movie or usually, I haven't seen it. That's the way I prefer to go. No ill feelings either way. This is the best movie site I've come across, probably ever, where people truly love movies and are here to gather info from others. So all is well in my book. Peace.
It's all good, man. If you hate a movie that I love, feel free to state your opinion. I'm not offended or bothered by someone disagreeing with me. I just love discussing movies. I'd rather you tell why you hated a film that I loved than to not say anything at all.

I just hope that no one interprets my opinions as me saying, "I'm right, you're wrong." I enjoy giving my two-cents and hearing other people's two-cents, that's all, regardless of whether or not we agree. That's why I joined this forum.

But I understand what you're talking about in reference to other movie websites and forums. I've seen it happen quite often. Somebody gives their opinion on a movie, others come along and make fun of that person, telling them that they have horrible taste. Or, even worse, they devote to name calling and insults. ("That movie's too smart for you." "You didn't like it because you didn't 'get it.'" "Stick to Transformers.") Screw those people. I'll never insult a person for liking or disliking a movie. We all have different tastes. That's what makes a forum like this fun.

And in regards to the whole rep thing, I'll +rep you just for taking the time to give your opinion and post a well-written response. It doesn't matter if I agree with your opinion or if I've even seen the movie. I was just reading through Gunslinger's 50 Favorites that he posted. Even though I dislike many of the films that he listed as his favorites, I +repped every entry just because he took the time to write about why he identifies with each of those films. You posted a well-written response to Gatsby, so I'll +rep it even I share a different opinion.

Originally Posted by The Rodent
The usually racist Roland Emmerich
I'm no expert on this, but I was under the impression he's a uber-liberal human rights activist...
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

M (1931)
A very solid, suspenseful little film that starts off great and then slows down towards the middle and lost some of my attention, but then the third act kicked in and all was well. When the last fifteen minutes arrived... wow. Absolutely brilliant stuff and solidifies my rating that probably would've been lower otherwise. Peter Lorre was amazing and pretty much flawless for the entirety of the film and he commands every second of his screentime but again, his very best moments are in the outstanding finale. The investigation scenes in the middle sections felt very bloated personally and whenever they weren't talking, I did get a little weary of the silences but apart from these complaints, M was a great film that was definitely ahead of its time.
4/5

Excalibur (1981)
John Boorman's epic is undeniably a grand, ambitious vision and I am not lying when I say that I seriously respect it, but it was a bit of a struggle to sit through. While the story is of course legendary, the film simply had trouble compressing the span of all those years and events in only about two hours and twenty minutes while also keeping it captivating and entertaining. And honestly, the whole experience just felt way too campy to take seriously (being an early '80s film, it has clearly dated quite a bit) and at times, it nearly borders self-parody akin to something like Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But there are some insanely good production values from the beautiful cinematography of the Ireland landscapes to the magnificent set design and shining armor that clearly displays ambition like no other. Excalibur is all over the place and it is a total mess, but I still enjoyed it.
3/5

but the wind was stronger
Prince of Darkness (1987) 7/10
this is a great horror movie , with a really creepy atmosphere to it , and one that unlike most movies of the genre, scares you the most not when you are watching it , butt after , when you start thinking about it , in particular the fate of one of the characters. really haunting.

The Jungle Book, 4.2/5. It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and after buying the Diamond Edition I thought I'd really like it. It was still fairly good but not as good as I remember it. Still though, if you like the movie even a little, it's a worthwhile buy, the animation doesn't even seem as dated as it is which is always a nice touch. Anything that ages well is just that much better.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
Cell 211

Holy f***ing s***! I think the last time I was this immersed in a movie was when I saw I Saw the Devil the first time. I mainly added this to my queue so I could start picking up more Spanish that I hear but was not expecting to go crazy over the film. The only complaint I have is that it was very obviously shot on digital, other than that one complaint I found the movie amazing.

5/5

Prisoners - 9/10

Very gripping and dark - definitely not a movie for the timid but kept me on my seat till the end - I liked Hugh Jackman's and especially Jake Gyllenhaal's characters a lot. My only real con was the torture scenes where Keller (Jackman) tortured Alex Jones (who *spoiler* turned out to be innocent in the end) - this made him dis-likable even though putting yourself in his shoes you could still see yourself doing what he did out of desperation. Overall I highly recommend

Alien 3
1992 Theatrical Version

8 out of 10.

I think this one may be better than the 2003 Special Edition.

Watched two films yesterday and they could not be more different.

The first was "How to Survive a Plague" - a great documentary by David France. It is about two activists groups ACT UP and TAG who are fighting against the FDA about drug approval from the AIDS virus. It is very powerful and involving but is told in an exciting way. It is made from unseen archival footage and is definitely worth watching.

8/10

The second film I watched was "Gravity" - now I am really unsure on this. Yes, it was a good watch and I enjoyed it but I did not think it was amazing. I can understand and appreciate the aestetics of it and the way it makes the audience feel. Cuaron deserves the credit for that. Yet, the storyline did not really do anything for me and it was dare I say it, predictable. The look of the film and the scenes were incredible but it does not have it all for me.

7/10 or 8/10

Twitter: @MandFReviews

Simon Killer

This is a dark film with good style and nice atmosphere. The problem is the main character; he's a desperate wimp with zero personality. I don't blame the actor for this, as that's the way it is intended, but it results in a dull movie.

Back from my trip. Watched 5 movies in total, and I have already rated 2 on that thread.

Rewatch. Brilliant, to say the least.

Entertaining film, wouldn't rewatch it though.

Beautifully filmed, but didn't do much for me.

Alyce Kills

Weird, disjointed, bizarre and the last 20 mins are incredibly gory.

Reminded me of a modernized and not so well executed Repulsion (Polanski, 1965).

but the wind was stronger
D.O.A (1988) 7/10
a man enters a police station to report a murder , the policeman asks who was murdered , man answers : I was . good mystery thriller .

The Straight Story

I like all David Lynch movies to some degree, but I thought he really showed extra skill in this one. He took a simple story, kept it simple, and made it beautiful and memorable. I also felt a bit of a personal connection; in November, I drove from Boston to Chicago and knocked on my brother's door, who I hadn't spoken to in 21 years. Of course, I wasn't 80 years old and driving a lawn mower.