Top Ten Reasons I Won't See A Movie

Tools    

Care for some gopher?
1. Mäx likes it.
But ... but why?

Edit: Alright, alright. You fooled the new one.

I think the only movies I usually avoid are really stupid movies, though there are obviously exceptions (usually when passion by the filmmakers is involved) as well as varying perceptions of what accounts for stupidity and intelligence. For example, I'm of the opinion that any movie where the filmmaker is incredibly passionate about it, and that passion is noticeable on the screen, isn't a stupid movie at all - in that way, while some might consider a movie like Cabin Fever to be really stupid, I personally don't. You usually see that kind of passion in horror cinema. Eli Roth is simply one example of a horror director who wears his love of horror on his sleeve.

The ones that peeve me the most are the really bad, cliche, cash-grab, by-the-screenwriting-book romantic comedies that come out every year. Movies like Did You Hear About the Morgans?, which is the only one I can honestly think of because I remember when it came out I made fun of it a lot.

Iro's post used that bbuser code that automatically shows each of us our IDs in the post. This is what I see when I look at Iro's post:
1. Citizen Rules likes it.
So he didn't really mean you, jrs.

With that said, it's stupid to be using that code outside of the original thread where it was created. I've seen people assume they've been insulted and then post about being mad. Someone then tells them it's just a lame joke.

BUT how many people see their name and believe the insult is real BUT don't say something. Instead they hold a grunge and give that person crap next time they see them. Think about it...

1. honeykid likes it.
This is odd because I was expecting both these things to happen and then they happen in one post. Nice twofer, Iro.

Iro's post used that bbuser code that automatically shows each of us our IDs in the post. With that said, it's stupid to be using that code outside of the original thread where it was created.

BUT how many people see their name and believe the insult is real BUT don't say something. Instead they hold a grunge and give that person crap next time they see them. Think about it...
I never even seen that code before until I came to this forum. I agree that it's lame using outside the thread it was originally made for.

In the original thread when people don't know it's a code and they think it's "about them" some get offended and it turns out funny at times. But when people just think it's part of the regular thread and they have a regular response, and it's just a code and a joke...then it's just plain silly.

Hey, don't be that harsh with Iro. I was tricked at first, and of course had to thumb it up, because it sounded too reasonable. Too bad it was just the code thing
Nobody's putting down anybody or being harsh towards anybody. Just talking about the code here.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I need only one.

1. It's sh*t.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Nobody's putting down anybody or being harsh towards anybody. Just talking about the code here.
Agreed... We're saying the joke bbsuser code is lame. No one said anything harsh to Iro.

1. I'm dead.
2. I'm unconscious.
3. The power's out.
4. I'm in an ambulance.
5. There are kid's here, and this particular movie is inappropriate.
That's all I got for now.
Ditto have to watch it to have an opinion

I won't watch a movie if it

1. Has a rating lower than 6.0 on IMDB
2. Is a horror movie
3. Requires deep thinking, doesn't make sense and is considered a massive mind-****
4. More than, or close to 3 hours long (some exceptions can be made)
5. Was made before 1960

Welcome to the human race...
Agreed... We're saying the joke bbsuser code is lame. No one said anything harsh to Iro.
Like I said, the joke was inevitable - I just figured I might as well throw myself on that particular grenade.