Horror Movies

Tools    

When i was little kid,i was afraid of scene in ,,Dumbo,, where he and mouse get drunk,scene with Pink elephants on parade.
The Exorcist scared me, and I'd seen it very young, I'd hide behind the coach an sneak peeks crying.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Exorcist scared me, and I'd seen it very young, I'd hide behind the coach an sneak peeks crying.

Hell yeah, my brother forced me to watch this when i was 7, that's probably why I am the way I am!

The movie that Scared me the most was Psycho because Norman Bates character could be a real person doing that sort of ****. Those scare me more than monster and zombie stuff.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
A movie I watched a while about but still think about quite often is The Fourth Kind, that movie really scared me and that's not that easy to do because I love watching horror/thriller movies, but not many scare me now that i'm older, but The Fourth Kind did.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
A movie I watched a while about but still think about quite often is The Fourth Kind, that movie really scared me and that's not that easy to do because I love watching horror/thriller movies, but not many scare me now that i'm older, but The Fourth Kind did.
The story in this movie was definitely interesting. There were a few tense moments that made me nervous.

Might sound silly, but one of the scariest scenes I can recall is from "The Mothman Prophecies." I was afraid to answer the phone for a day or two. Anyone else know what I'm referring to? Wasn't that scene CREEPY?!

It was one of those films I wasn't sure if I would like or not. Eventually I saw it on tv and I liked it. I've not seen it since, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

Day of the Dead was the worst Romero movie ever made, even worse then The Crazies.
I think it's the most underrated movie Romero's made...

...and I have reason to doubt your sanity if you think it's worse than Diary of the Dead (my vote for Romero's worst), Survival of the Dead (creative conundrum...let's stick em' on an island), Creepshow (overrated, cringeworthy hokum), Two Evil Eyes (Only Argento's effort is worth a look), The Dark Half (heavy handed sillyness), and Monkey Shines (boring and ridiculous).

As for your list HK, here are my colour coded ratings, red = rubbish, orange = average, green = good, and blue = outstanding:-

The Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, Drag Me To Hell, A Nightmare On Elm Street, A Nightmare OnElm Street 3: Dream Warriors, Wes Craven's New Nightmare, Joy Ride, The Others, The House Of The Devil, Scream, Scream 2, Urban Legend, The Faculty, The Blair Witch Project, The Devils Rejects, Saw, Saw II, Trick R Treat, Land Of The Dead, Final Destination, The Dawn Of The Dead (2004), Sleepaway Camp, The Burning, Happy Birthday To Me,Near Dark, The Hitcher (1986), From Dusk Till Dawn, Grindhouse, Cabin Fever, Ring, Frailty, Hollow Man, Hide & Seek,Poltergeist, Fright Night, The Fly, The Thing, An American Werewolf in London, Dressed To Kill, The Fog(1980), Maniac, Maniac Cop, Friday The 13th (1980), Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter, Friday The 13th: Part 6, Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, The Hidden, Halloween III, Prom Night (1980), Cherry Falls, May, Scanners, The Stepfather (1987), The Entity, Arachnophobia, Stir Of Echoes, Sleepy Hollow, Interview With The Vampire, Lake Placid, Needful Things, Wrong Turn, The Mist, Open Water, The Shining.

I definitely think Joe Dante's The Howling should be there too.

UF, did you really rate Nightmare 3 above the first? I'd say The Burning is superior to Friday The 13th (as is Friday The 13th: Part IV and VI.) Also, do you realise you rated Frailty as rubbish? Lastly, you may think The Shining is outstanding, but that's one hell of a boring film.

I'd also recommend all the films you've not seen. (as you've not rated them, I'm assuming you've not seen them.)

UF, did you really rate Nightmare 3 above the first? I'd say The Burning is superior to Friday The 13th (as is Friday The 13th: Part IV and VI.) Also, do you realise you rated Frailty as rubbish? Lastly, you may think The Shining is outstanding, but that's one hell of a boring film.

I'd also recommend all the films you've not seen. (as you've not rated them, I'm assuming you've not seen them.)
I don't know, The Shining may be more slower-paced than most horror films, but I had a hard time being bored watching the most terrifying movie I've ever seen.

But it's SO freakin' creepy! Nevertheless, it does bear the stamp of Kubrick... his presence looms over the movie as much as it does in 2001, so that could be why some people find it boring.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I was hoping akatemple meant the horrible Day of the Dead remake, now that was bad.
Actually I meant both, not to offend anyone but I really did not like either one.

But it's SO freakin' creepy! Nevertheless, it does bear the stamp of Kubrick... his presence looms over the movie as much as it does in 2001, so that could be why some people find it boring.
But I generally like most of Kubrick's films, so I don't think that's it. I just think that it's the fact that the pacing moves so slow until it reaches the climax of the film.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog

I agree with all of this 100 percent, The Shining was a great movie when I saw it for the first and only time I've ever sat through the whole movie, they should have shortened the movie and it would have been much better IMO.

But I generally like most of Kubrick's films, so I don't think that's it. I just think that it's the fact that the pacing moves so slow until it reaches the climax of the film.
That's what I meant by "Kubrick's presence": many of his films, 2001 and The Shining in particular, have a very cold tone and are paced slowly. But that's not to say ALL of his movies are this way; take Dr. Strangelove for example. There's a movie with a completely different tone. But I, personally, feel that the slow pacing of The Shining helps to build the tension and suspense. When the climax finally did come, my nerves were absolutely exhausted, because the psychologically horrifying episodes that came in and out of the movie had made me wonder how Kubrick would outdo himself in the next scene.