80's or 90's Kidnapping Movie

Tools    

Have been trying for years to figure this movie name out. I remember watching it on tv in like 1994 or 95. Unsure if it is a made for TV movie or not which is kind of what I'm thinking since I'm having one hell of a time getting anyone who's seen it to respond. I REALLY hope someone's seen it cuz this is the last time I'm posting on a forum it's impossible. It was a kidnapping movie about a mother searching for her missing abducted son. at one point there is a scene in which she is with a female friend driving on the highway and I think the cops pull them over and ask "who do you girls think you are Thelma and Louise?" I distinctly remember that part for some reason. They're driving I guess to the last known reported location of her/possibly both of their missing children. Or maybe got a tip from somebody as to their possible whereabouts. I seem to remember they embark on the desperate mission because the cops have given up or something. the other vivid scene I recall is where one or both of the little boys escape from their captors in the woods for a few minutes and find a pay phone. They call the police or the mother or something and they are able to trace the location of the call. They ask the little boy for the number on the top of the phone booth because back then I guess they couldn't just auto trace calls. the boys captor I think grabs him as he's making the call but they end up finding the two kids anyway or at least one of them based on the info the one child gave them about the phone booth location. I think they were being heals captive in a cabin in the woods by a few men. I remember it being dirty inside a dirty couch possibly. Anyways that's all I've got. It's not "without a trace" lol I know that movie sparked countless kidnapping movies after it's 1983 release but the movie I'm looking for has two kids or more even in it. The kidnappers clearly were doing it a lot. Maybe even for ransoms? Hope to hear something. Thank you for your time.

Shot in the dark here: Without a Trace?

Proud to be one of the 10%
is there anything else you can recall about this movie. even the simplest and smallest of details could help to figure it out. also were there any actors or actresses you could possibly name or even recall seeing them in a different movie that you know the name to? any thing about the setting of any of the other scenes? are you positive it was around the 80's/90's era? around what year do you remember watching it? absolutely anything helps.