Mad About You

Tools    

Season Two, Ep 7. The cold open with the cake was adorable. What's upper resentment? I love that Ursula never seems to know what Paul is talking about. "You know, Fran, you're always defending hi, you don't have to live with him the way we do." Ursula also works as a museum tour guide? How funny is that? The woman with the camera had a recurring role on Home Improvement as Harry's wife, the guy who owned the hardware store. Are Ira and Lisa going to be a couple? "Honey could you take a little longer cause I'd like to live here now." The Buchmans have been banned from a museum...that could only happen to the Buchmans. OK, so now they're telling us that Paul and Jamie met when they were kids?

Season Two, Ep 8. God how full of yourself do you have to be to watch yourself turn 30? Is it kind of weird that Ira bought Jamie shoes for her birthday? That scene at the box office was so Curb Your Enthusiasm. Loved Paul's reply when Jamie asked about her hair. How did soup get on the phone? Are neckties that easily ripped? Why would the machine turn off 10 seconds into the message? "What's later? Dinner at separate restaurants?" LOVED the singers doing the theme song during the button, that was awesome.

Season Two, Ep 9. The cold open was cute. "Certain places have these things and I've read them." Love all the trouble they put into trying to fool Murray. The man was standing there, in what world was that Jamie's money? OMG, Cyndi Lauper! Paul ordering from room service was adorable. I hope Mark comes back at some point because Fran is getting really annoying without him. She hs no chemistry with Ira. John Pankow's scene with Cyndi was excellent.

Season Two, Ep 10. Loved that leopard-skinned vest Jamie had on in the opening scene. "Ten minutes for tuna fish and then you." Loved the accent discussion...bad accents can take me out of a movie too. Didn't realize Lou was still here...another character who has worn out his welcome. Lou and Fran hooking up has disaster written all over it. Why do all sitcom wives have to fix up their husbands' work associates? Why did Fran's ordering ribs prompt Jamie's reminder about rackettball? Loved when Paul looked under the table when Ursula asked them if they were table 14. Paul learning Lou cut his film, his reaction was the closest thing I've seen to genuine anger from Paul since the pilot. "Wasn't that TV Kramer from Seinfeld playing the security guard? Larry Hankin I think his name is. Jamie needs to get a job...a pro racketball tour? Stempel- first time I've heard Jamie's maiden name mentioned. "If you had come over twenty minutes earlierm I was going to be a silversmith." Jamie going back to school is a storyline arc rife with possibilities, I just hope it won't be a duplicate of what happened when Jill went back to school on Home Improvement.

Season Two, Ep 11. What does flat pasta taste like? Sometimes Paul hides his contempt for Lisa really well and other times, not so much. Only Lisa would be proud to be a subject in a shrink's book. She did not spit that pasta back in the bowl. I'm sorry, Paul pretending to help Jamie off the phone was hysterical. Yay, Steven Wright's back. I cracked up Steven when he said he read the book out loud. "You know I bet Sybil's sister was proud of her." I loved when Steven told Lisa that her scarf was too busy. What high school student uses the word "overbearing"? Loved Paul translating what Lisa was trying to say through a mouth of novocane.

Season Two Ep 12. Jamie and the slanty floor, that was funny. "Not only do I not want to go, but had I gone and you had led me to such place, I would never forgive you." Why does she ask him when she's not going to be satisfied with whatever answer he's going to give? "Nice big top for you for ripping up our cards." The man with the nice ass took all the money." "It says here that you died two days ago, I'm so sorry." 10,000 Paul Buchmans? Is Buchman really that common a surname? "I'm afraid you're both dead til Monday." Paul is taking this remarkably well. Helen and Judy Geeson were hysterical at the door. I can't believe Paul actually wanted to look at the guy. Three credit cards cut up? "You never haunted me, just did annoying things once in a while. I thought the kiss was going to make the guy with the great ass disappear.

Season Two, Ep 13. Liked the comparison of a boarding pass to a piece of cheese. "And you're the man of the house now, so start peeing standing up." Loved Jamie trying to be nonchalant about Paul's return. Of course Jamie doesn't like it, but I loved Paul's vie o clock shadow. How do windows get stolen? How devastated does Paul have to be about not making it home for Jamie to be happy? the phone sex was cute and funny. "That mouth was talking to my mother, not enough therapy in the world." Love Paul's giant orange parka. Wait, Jamie just allows Lisa to stay in their apartment and eat their food while they're gone?

Season Two, Ep 14. the cold openings are getting less cute. Did they make Murray do that? Frannie and Ira slept together? I totally missed that. "One of my troops may have crossed to the other side." I liked Fran's story better than Ira's. Can't believe Jamie said "Whom". Ursula kills me. Why would Paul keep talking to Ursula in front of Jamie? Fran and Ira are terrible liars, I can't believe they bought that. I don't understand why Paul and Jamie were so interested in painting Fran's apartment no matter how many hints Fran and Ira dropped. "There's a guy in a trenchcoat, he might be carrying a chisel." Loved the moment when Paul and Jamie put it all together.

Season Two Ep 15. OK, these you tube videos of the episodes feature sometimes full and sometimes partial versions of the theme song, is that how it was during the original network run or did they always due theme song? "You used my future for a coaster?" "Remember the first time you saw the co-ops on her?" Never occurred to me that the VR guy would be a kid, that's great. Watching Paul react to the virtual had me on the floor. He should have told Jamie first. Did Paul think telling Jamie about Christy Brinkley would endear Jamie to the idea? Why would anyone want to be a shoe? "I hear that convent thing is spectacular." OMG, virtual Andre Agassi was so freaking hot. That was sweet that she picked Paul after Andre left. The button was VERY funny.

Season Two, Ep 16. Watches freeze? I didn't know that. The return of the slanty floor...nice. Jerry Adler was a funny landlord. It was so weird seeing Jamie sharpening pencils...does anybody use or sharpen pencils anymore? Why was Paul flirting with that woman anyway? My heart sang as Paul talked himself out of his plan while Jamie was getting more and more into it. Why would Fran call right in the middle of Paul and Jamie's evening? Lisa is worse than Jackie during the early seasons of Roseanne. I love freaking Ursula. Fran shouldn't have said anything to Jamie. That guy grabbing Paul just at that exact moment was stupid.

Season Two, Ep 18. "Nobody likes a documentary on Saturdays...tradition." Loved Jamie trying to turn cleaning out the closet into an adventure. Can't believe Jamie saved her pom pons, doesn't strike me as something Jamie would save. Why does Ursula call Lisa Gary? Loved the way they turned away and covered their eyes, that cracked me up. LOVED the twist that the tape ended up at the video store, did not see that coming. Which Paymer played the video store clerk? And Ryan Stiles too? "I coud have sworn I recognized the seven of clubs." Loved that Jamie kept calling Paul "Bill" and reminded him that hehas "clearance." Loved Jamie's impression of Paul's face. It was Steve Paymer as the clerk, saw it in the credits.

Season 2 Ep 19, It's time for Jamie to get a job, she's approaching crazed territory. That was Jerry Adler playing the super who I mostly know from The Sopranos and the Woody Allen movie Manahattan Murder Mystery. She was really funny. Loved the couple they caught in the middle of sex too. "How can anybody dance in this apartment, the floors are too slanty." What was that dirt in the final envelope? I can't believe they mentioned Tower Records, talk about a blast from the past. Clearly, Jamie is not going to be happy with anything Paul says about her writing. "Many a man has been swept off their feet by a lady with nice nectarine." I don't see that the people in these letters are exactly like the Buchmans like Jamie thinks. That was Oscar winner Kim Hunter playing Millie. Lovely resolution of the story behind the letters. That was SO sweet of Paul to ask Millie to dance. That was a lovely little episode.

Season 2, Ep 20. I've never heard of a lemon muffin. "Why should she pay if they're not gonna cook?" Loved the way they reviewed everything that they can and can't talk about in front of their parents. Wow, they skipped right over the dinner...how The Usual Suspects of the writers. "Nobody calls from a pay phone on the FDR drive if nothing's wrong." Poor Murray, he really was looking forward to that walk. The grass on other people's mother is always greener. Nice phone work by Fran. I had to laugh when they mentioned call waiting, which is now a thing of the past. "It's like when I had my adenoids out and Mom said we were going to watch them tape Match Game." I can never remember his name, but the actor playing the vet played Chuck Cedar in Mr. Deeds with Adam Sandler. That was SO sweet when Murray cried every time they said the word mother. That's Alan Arbus playing the dog owner. He played the company shrink on MASH. Murray and his mom talking with the subtitles had me on the floor. Loved the tag too.

Season Two, Ep 21. Why the hell would Murray be standing on the dining table? That was actually very funny, though I don't know why. Did Jamie really wake him up in the middle of the night about what she should wear? She does spring a lot of trick questions on Paul. "You know what? You don't need me for this conversation?" Truer words were never spoken. "My throat hurts and I'm too old." As soon as I saw that envelope, I knew Paul forgot to mail Jamie's tuition. "I'm looking at you I see five problems." Love that Jamie kept Paul up all night worrying about school, but the morning comes and she can't wait to get out of there. "If this was a cartoon, I'd pull your tongue like a window shade." I just realized this another show, like Seinfeld, that takes place in New York, but there's at least one character who owns a car, and anybody knows that nobody in Manhattan owns a car. The French teacher actually looks like my French teacher in high school. Lisa and the logic teacher were hysterically. Cannot believe Ira tried to bribe an ethics professor. Was that Julia Sweeney playing the French teacher? Little convenient that Jamie doesn't even shift her footing a bit, let alone look around while she's standing in line. Very funny episode.+

Season Two, Ep 22. Cute cold open. Why does Paul want to film a short order cook for a documentary? OK, why is Mark working as a busboy and calling himself Antonio? "You know the thing where you keep touching my wife? I don't like that." What the hell is Mark thinking? "When she slapped him? That's the last thing I understood." Mark is being so weird. I can't believe Paul told Mark that Fran slept with Ira. Wait a minute...Fran and Mark reconnected over dinner with Nick and Nick still wanted to have breakfast with Fran in the morning? OK, so Mark is not really returning to Frank? I think Jamie just likes to start arguments with Paul just to trap him into saying something inappropriate.

Season Two, Ep 23. Paul's never heard of Garth brooks? "There's no such thing as professional tea? What is that? Tea that gets paid for being tea." "You know, for an animal, you have little sense of your surroundings." So because she can't sleep. she's not going to allow Paul to sleep either? Listening to one of your stories will help me sleep." "Atomic Zinger? Does that sound calming to you?" Who is Paul to slight Raul Julia and proclaim John Astin the "real" Gomez. Knew the second Paul slammed that door it was locked. The return of Jerry Adler. Why was it when Paul and Jamie returned to the super';s floor did their voices suddenly sound like they were in a tunnel? Loved Wicker's reply to Murray barking? "He's got a motto...I gotta get me a motto." LOVED that he would never actually admit to being John Astin.

Season Two, Ep 24. Why does Paul's family call separately about their anniversary why don't they all celebrate together? Wanted to smack Jamie when she told Paul to get "some of those things." "I've been meaning to smell the roses, but I've been so darn busy." I'm really not enjoying Mark's return, he's kind of annoying now. I'm already scared for Paul having to tell Jamie he lost his wedding ring. "If I need any stuff, I'll chant for it." I can't believe Mark expects Fran to come back the way he is now. "We have cake, we have draino, we have cheese by the pound." Loved that Ira didn't care about Mark forgiving him for sleeping with Fran. "Did you know Brenda Vaccaro lives in our building? I can't believe she doesn't recycle."

Season Two, ep 25, which is apparently the second of a two-parter called "With this Ring" and is the second season finale. Swish army knives have fish scalers on them? He bought her a cotton candy machine for their anniversary? Why are their family members insisting on taking them out to lunch separately? Why don't they all eat together? The subject of children should have been discussed more specifically before the Buchmans got married? They didn't know that confectionary sugar is different than regular sugar. Paul's nephew is a brat. "I don't want to call my mother, she'll know from my voice I already ate." I just noticed that Paul's mother never refers to Jamie by name. Loved the reveal that Paul was conceived on the kitchen table. "My first two lunches just collided." Didn't really understand the monkey dream sequence. OK, they didn't pay for that ice cream. Kind of soft for a season finale.

Season 3, Ep 1. Third season premiere..."You don't want to go out, that's where they keep the heat." Loved when Jamie out the frozen underwear on. I thought Jamie already went back to school. Jamie's going to be thinking about Fran the whole time they're away, but Fran should have told her. Paul's mother has the nerve to talk to Jamie about children without using her name? She never refers to Jamie by name. Loved Lisa's reasoning for dating her mailman. Loved that Murray was mad at Paul but not Jamie. Can't believe Paul actually trapped himself in the car. "I don't think you bring a child into the world just to beat the heat." The Clamenza thing was funny.

Season 3 Ep2. Loved Paul introducing Murray to the joys of West Side Story. Loved when Murray growled at the neighbor. I guess Murray got the neighbor's dog pregnant. What happened to Judy Geeson and Paxton Whitehead? Loved that Paul's mother made Jamie move her so she could sit next to Paul. Murray can open a window by himself, how awesome is that? "Murray did you leave the key under the mat?" Awww. the look on Murray's face when Paul closed the door. Or when he pawed at the neighbor's door? Why are the neighbors acting like what's going on with their dogs is Paul and Jamie's fault? Fell off my chair when I saw Murray pacing.