Favorite Movie Endings

Tools    

Memento

The 6th Sense

Fearless

To Live and Die in L.A.

Watchmen

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A Man Escaped by Robert Bresson. It says it all in the title, but the expected can oftentimes be exactly what is perfect---especially when the build-up is handled by a master like Bresson.
Bresson often spoils his own films by openly stating what's going to happen. But they still pack quite a punch. Well, at least some of them do.

I wouldn't touch Avengers with a 10 foot remote control

Some of my favorite spoiler-free endings:

Werckmeister Harmonies

Mirror

Eternity and a Day

The Eclipse

Late Spring
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

My favourite movie ending is the one of District 9 because it transcends typical Hollywood conclusions. Instead of offering a neatly wrapped resolution, it leaves viewers with lingering questions and a sense of moral ambiguity. Wikus van de Merwe, undergoes a profound transformation throughout the story, from an unlikable bureaucrat to a sympathetic character. The ending serves as a powerful commentary on themes of prejudice, empathy, and the consequences of unchecked power. It challenges the audience to reflect on the complexities of the human condition and the consequences of our actions, making it a thought-provoking and memorable finale

Bresson often spoils his own films by openly stating what's going to happen. But they still pack quite a punch. Well, at least some of them do.

Some of my favorite spoiler-free endings:

Werckmeister Harmonies

Mirror

Eternity and a Day

The Eclipse

Late Spring
Who was it that said that a good film is one where you can tell what the end is just from the first few minutes?