First of all, Jo Koy seemed a strange choice to host. My only knowledge of him is being Chelsea Hadler's ex-boyfriend. Loved his tux, though he looked great. His complaint that he just got the gig 10 days ago was legitimate and you could tell...hiss monologue really didn't work for me. His connections to Saltburn and Maestro didn't work for me. His introduction of presenters needs work too. He also seemed to seriously offend Taylor Swift. Anyway, on the specifics:

BIGGEST SURPRISE WINNERS: Ali Wong. I haven't seen Beef, but I love her standup, she's a genius. Anatomy of a Fall winning best foreign language film over Past Lives, Best Actress in a comedy series (just glad anyone but WQuinta Brunson won); Not really a surprise but SO happy for Christopher Nolan, long overdue recognition

WEIRDEST REACTION TO WIN: Did Keiran Culkin not look the least bit surprised that he won? Actually, the same could be said for Jeremy Allen White

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: Really disappointed that Chris Rock lost the brand new stand up category to Ricky Gervais. Guess I need to watch Gervais' special now.

BEST ACCEPTANCE SPEECHES- Robert Downey Jr, Steven Yeun, Matthew MacFadyen, Christopher Nolan, Emma Stone, Paul Giamartti

BEST PRESENTER BANTER- Ray Romano and Keri Russell, George Lopez and Gabriel Iglesias, Simu Liu and Issa Rae, Will Ferrell and Kristin Wiig

WORST PRESENTER BANTER: Angela Bassett and Jared Leto; Kevin Costner and America Ferrera (Costner was acting ike he just woke up), Andra Day and Jon Batiste (these two practically brought the show to a halt)

FAVORITE RANDOM PRE-COMMERCIAL MOMENT: Taylor Swift posing for a selfie with Bill Hader

BEST DRESSED- Angela Bassett, Emily Blunt, Ali Wong, Justin Hartley, Keri Russell, Jim Gaffigan, America Ferrera, Keiran Culkin, Natalie Portman (though I wish she could have done something a little ore creative with her hair),

WORST DRESSED: D'avine Joy Randolph (I was holding my breath waiting for her to lose that dress). Jared Leto (why was he wearing black gloves?), Julia Garner, Elizabeth Debicki, Hailee Steinfeld, Justine Triet (She looked like she was dressed for a PTA meeting), Billie Eilish, Sarah Snook (she's too big to wear a dress that revealing)

THE WHAT'S THE POINT AWARD- The new award for Box Office Achievement...I just don't get the purpose of this award...was it created to shout out to a film that didn't have a chance of winning in any other category?

RIGHT AWARD, WRONG WINNER: The Best Song from Barbie should have gone to "I'm Just Ken."

BIGGEST NITPICK- Winners making their way to the podium to accept their awards...I have never seen more screentime wasted on this. I think Steven Yeun stopped to shake hands with three of his fellow nominees before actually heading to the podium.