DerekVinyard's Top 50 Best Movie Of All-Time

→ in
Tools    

24. Joy Ride (2001)
John Dahl

''No. Listen, you sick f*ck, you pathetic, lonely, walkie-talkie, freak show motherf*cker. You're not getting anything from me. Know why? Because I have something that's more powerful then your psychosis. It's called a volume knob, and the only thing I have to do to make you go away is to turn it counterclockwise. You got that? You copy that? ''

- The best horror low-budget movie of all time in my opinion. All the characters of this movie are great and memorable, Steve Zahn as the rebellious older brother , Paul Walker as the calm and suggestible young brother and Rusty Nail as the psychotic truck killer that is otherwise one of my favorite vilain in a movie. The storyline is simple , effective and so dam*n captivating. The ending is the conlusion of a work of art by director John Dahl. Highly underrated.

Soundtrack :

Cracking film. Best low budget horror of all time, though? It's budgeted at $23m on Box Office Mojo. Now, that's low for mainstream hollywood, I'll grant you, but still. And it's not better than this.

Cracking film. Best low budget horror of all time, though? It's budgeted at $23m on Box Office Mojo. Now, that's low for mainstream hollywood, I'll grant you, but still. And it's not better than this.

actually I like Night Of The Living Dead but I find Joy Ride really better ...

I really liked Joy Ride a lot; it's a good combination of horror and fun that doesn't get silly.
100% agree this movie is addictive (at least for me)

23. Blade Runner (1982)
Ridley Scott

''Replicants are like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem.''

- This is the best sci-fi movie of all time in my opinion and also one of the most impressive visuals i've seen in a film. so brilliant and well done that it's addictive. Rutger Hauer give here his best performance in his career and there's no doubt about it , Sean Young and Harrison Ford are more than excellent too. The Storyline is incredibly fluid and built with many details that I highly appreciate and the ending is the perfection for a sci-fi movie.

Soundtrack :

[/quote]

I last watched Blade Runner about 6 months ago and it was the first time I really enjoyed it. It'll never be a favorite of mine, but I can understand the love it gets.

22. Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (2003)
Gore Verbinski

'' I've heard of one, supposed to be very fast, nigh uncatchable: the Black Pearl''

- Another important movie of my childhood. One of the few movie I very like each time I see it... and one of the most funniest and complete storyline I've ever seen. Jack Sparrow is one of my favorite character of all time in a movie because of his charisma and his funny badass look that I really appreciate. Also Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom are pretty good in their respective roles of Elizabeth Swann and Will Turner. The funny atmosphere and the mood incredibly well executed are two GREAT factor for the rating of this movie. MY NAME IS JACK SPARROW CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW.

Awesome Soundtrack :

Good pick! I do like the first Pirates movie quite a bit. The second was fine, I really liked Davy Jones. The third was an overlong mess, although I remember liking some of it. the fourth I never finished. I Agree, Depp owns these movies, one of his best performances. the other two characters I remember being kind of uninteresting to me, though . I've actually been interested in revisiting them soon, it's been a while since I've watched them. I'll have to check out the rest of your list. I don't get on here often, but I like reading these, I have a lot of free time.