Batman vs. Superman movie rumors explored

Tools    

It’s every DC fan’s dream come true: a Batman vs. Superman movie. Ostensibly, it will be a sequel to Man of Steel, but viewers can be sure there will be plenty of Batman time onscreen, too. One blog, CinemaBlend.com, has followed the developments behind one of 2015’s most looked-forward-to movies. According to its sources, the movie was first announced at Comic-Con by Warner Bros., though there was no synopsis provided which gave a hint as to what the plot will be about.

Friends or foes?

One thing most frequently rumored, however, is that “Superman and Batman will be enemies before they become friends.” We already know Henry Cavill will be the Superman, reprising his role from Man of Steel, and he’ll likely be continuing to try to figure out his place on Earth. CinemaBlend.com also suggested he’ll be dealing with the fallout from his battle with his nemesis in the last movie, along with the repercussions of leveling half of Metropolis.

Superman actors confirmed

In a press release, Warner Bros. also confirmed the return of “Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Laurence Fishburne as Perry White, and Diane lane as Martha Kent.” However, we have yet to know how these characters will fit into the 2015 story or how big a role they’ll be playing. CinemaBlend.com guessed that there will be further exploration of Clark and Lois’s relationship, plenty of scenes spent at the newspaper, and some sort of return to Smallville.

Batman actor selected

Batman, on the other hand, is a new face to the DC scene: After a month of auditioning, Ben Affleck was chosen to play this iconic role. This version of the Dark Knight has been described as a veteran hero who is “tired and weary and seasoned.” No other Batman actors have been confirmed, leaving it open to debate as to whether we’ll need a new actor for Alfred or Commissioner Gordon.

Wonder woman appearance?

There may also be a third DC hero to hit the screen in the Man of Steel sequel. Rumors swirl around a possible Wonder Woman appearance, sparked by an interview with star Jaimie Alexander who said she “has had a meeting with DC Comics about possible projects.” Other actresses named as possible candidates for the role of Diana Prince are Elodie Yung, Gal Gadot, and Olga Kurylenko.

Whatever the eventual decisions on casting and plot line, you can be certain the 2015 movie will be a blockbuster hit. In the mean time if you’re having DC withdrawals, you might be interested in the adult footed pajamas sold by Jumpin Jammerz which come in a variety of patterns, styles, and colors, including Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

Source: cinemablend.com/new/Batman-Superman-Movie-What-We-Know-So-Far-38745.html

We've gone on holiday by mistake
All I know is that this is going to suck bigtime. Such an epic fail not getting Bale and co. contracted for Justice League movies.

One rumour I've heard is Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Batman at the start... then handing over to a returning Bruce Wayne... JGL then becomes Nightwing.

A lot of people have said Robin should appear first, but technically, JGL was Robin already.

All I know is that this is going to suck bigtime. Such an epic fail not getting Bale and co. contracted for Justice League movies.

I respectfully disagree, Bales Batman would not work in the Superman universe, he is used to beating up thugs and criminals, not Gods.

I for one am kinda glad that they wont tarnish Nolan's Bat trilogy with this potentially silly side-quel.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I’m really hoping that Wonder Woman, Flash, and/or Nightwing don’t turn up in the movie or appear only in post credits scenes. Man of Steel had way too much going on: Krypton’s back story, the codex thing, Superman learning to use his powers and discovering his purpose on Earth, Superman’s relationship with Lois, and so on and so on. With a new Batman being introduced and most like Lex Luthor then Batman vs Superman most likely isn’t going to have time to develop the main characters properly, much less future Justice League members.

That's why I was kinda shocked at how short MOS was.

I was hoping for 60 minutes of Krypton, 60 minutes of character and learning who Supes is, building his relationship with Lois... and then have the last 60 minutes or so grappling with Zod and the mistrust from Humans.

I'd heard about Krypton being a large part of the film's first act... yet the film was barely 2 hours... I was expecting a 3 hour or even 3 hour 30 minutes epic.

But they crammed pretty much the entire first 30 years of Supes life into a 20 minute slot and then had an hour of action at the end.

Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if they went full on and have Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Robin becoming Nightwing so Bruce Wayne can return, Batgirl, Catwoman, The Joker, Luthor, The Penguin and Darkseid all making appearances within a 90 minute running time so they can get on with The Justice League as the 3rd movie.

I love the Krypton stuff but I suppose thaht stuff most regular Joes to bits.

I think it was missing some stuff from Clarks formative years on Earth to be honest, there isnt the sense like with Bruce in Begins that the character is fully formed by the end of the film, as they rush through Clarks bits.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I don’t think any blockbuster should be three hours long. Heck, even TDKR was pushing it in my opinion with its two hour and forty five minute runtime. I think MOS would have worked better if the story was closer to Superman: The Movie and Superman II; Krypton is exploding so Jor El sends baby Supes to planet Hooston in the first ten to fifteen minutes of the film. Later Zod and co. show up on Earth, find out they are much more powerful than humans and decide to take over, Superman kicks their Kryptonian arses, movie ends.

That’s basically what Man of Steel did but the movie was bogged down with unnecessary details like the codex, Kal Lel being the first naturally born Krytonian in years, Zod trying to turn Earth into Krypton, and the never ending battle in Metropolis. Cut out all the redundant BS and instead use the time to develop the characters and their relationships with each other and you have a much better movie.

That’s basically what Man of Steel did but the movie was bogged down with unnecessary details like the codex, Kal Lel being the first naturally born Krytonian in years, Zod trying to turn Earth into Krypton, and the never ending battle in Metropolis.
I think this was really just an attempt at a USP to be honest.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Maybe it will be too much if Wonder Women,Nightwing,Flash show up in this movie...But it whould be awesome if Batman mentions JL or something like that,maybe in the end after credits they could stand all together,something like that.I think Batman vs Superman is better then hey Clark hi i'm Bruce let's kick Lex's ass...They will become partners but not good friends at least not in this one i think.I think this movie will be really dark,i mean Superman vs Batman people will die,weapons will be used and i hope Batman will kick his ass :P...Just my thoughts for now ))

I really don't know anything about Marvel and superhero stuff but I don't know,the whole idea of Batman and Superman in one films just seems..stupid.It kinda reminds me Predator and Alien blend,which failed.

In the graphic novels and comics the only way Batman could contend with Superman, was by wearing a giant mechanical suit. Hopefully, this alleged film will go down that route.

I really don't know anything about Marvel and superhero stuff but I don't know,the whole idea of Batman and Superman in one films just seems..stupid.It kinda reminds me Predator and Alien blend,which failed.
Trust me, the comics and cartoons handled it perfectly.

Superman is a figure of justice. Kind hearted with good intentions, but he often lets his emotions get the better of him. Unlike Batman, he's not afraid to kill someone. This obviously causes problems at some point.

Batman is...Batman. Dark and intelligent, but has learned to control his emotions. A damn good leader, and selfless as well. Fear is his strength.

Will the movie be as successful as it's source material? We'll see...
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Trust me, the comics and cartoons handled it perfectly.

Superman is a figure of justice. Kind hearted with good intentions, but he often lets his emotions get the better of him. Unlike Batman, he's not afraid to kill someone. This obviously causes problems at some point.

Batman is...Batman. Dark and intelligent, but has learned to control his emotions. A damn good leader, and selfless as well. Fear is his strength.

Will the movie be as successful as it's source material? We'll see...
Yes, but the fact still remains that Superman is practically indestructible; were as Batman is a bodybuilder in a plastic suit.

Is this really a "VS" movie? If so, it's a slam-dunk, what with Batman being a regular mortal (unless Batman happens to be made out of Kryptonite). All superman needs is one of his super-fists or a blast of his super-breath to send Batman back to the Bat Cave. And I thought Thor was scraping the bottom of the barrel.

my vote for superman