2015 MoFo Challenges

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This challenge is for Kaplan. I know you were looking forward to some new movies in the Noir HoF, but you said that you've seen all the nominations, so I challenge Kaplan to watch at least 10 movies that you haven't already seen from the "BFI Screen Guides' 100 Film Noirs" list, and write up your thoughts about the movies as if they had been nominated. You don't have to do long reviews if you don't want to. You can just write up a quick rating with your thoughts about the movies.

I challenge EVERYONE to vote Captain Spaulding for Best New MoFo.

I also challenge EVERYONE to vote Captain Spaulding & Sexy Celebrity for Best Couple.

Yoda says that anyone who doesn't comply will be banned permanently from the forum.

I think I'm prepared to be banned.

I'll miss your sarcastic use of smilies, honeykid, but do what you must.

I was just about to drop Drew Barrymore off at your place to do a little last minute swaying of your vote, but I guess there's no need.

I was just about to drop Drew Barrymore off at your place to do a little last minute swaying of your vote, but I guess there's no need.
That won't sway Honeykid. Wrong person.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	whoopi.PNG
Views:	689
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	19340  

I challenge everyone who has a MoFo list completed to make a list ranking all of the films on the list low to high. If you are like Gunslinger or Holden Pike who have several lists completed, you only need to do one.~ Friendly Mushroom

AFI TOP 100

Taxi Driver

Dr Strangelove

Apocalypse Now

It’s a Wonderful Life

Ben-Hur

Jaws

Goodfellas

Casablanca

The Godfather

Blade Runner

Vertigo

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Network

2001: A Space Odyssey

Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf

Schindler’s List

All About eve

Star Wars IV: A New Hope

The Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring

The Silence of the Lambs

All the President’s Men

12 Angry Men

Saving Private Ryan

The Shawshank Redemption

Some Like it Hot

A Clockwork Orange

The Maltese Falcon

The Godfather Part II

The Best Years of Our Lives

Tootsie

A Night at the Opera

Duck Soup

Sunset Boulevard

Double Indemnity

Singin’ in the Rain

The Wild Bunch

Platoon

The Philadelphia Story

City Lights

Sullivan’s Travels

Chinatown

Forrest Gump

Modern Times

The Treasures of the Sierra Madre

To Kill a Mockingbird

ET

Yankee Doodle Dandy

The African Queen

In the Heat of the Night

The Sixth Sense

Unforgiven

North by Northwest

The Wizard of Oz

Raging Bull

Psycho

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

King Kong

Midnight Cowboy

Annie Hall

Rear Window

The Searchers

Toy Story

Rocky

Do the Right Thing

One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest

Citizen Kane

The General

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

The Deer Hunter

The Gold Rush

Intolerance

Sophie’s Choice

The Graduate

The Grapes of Wrath

A Streetcar Named Desire

American Graffiti

Spartacus

The French Connection

Bonnie and Clyde

It Happened One Night

High Noon

The Sound of Music

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington

Shane

Sunrise

Titanic

Gone with the Wind

Pulp Fiction

The Last Picture Show

Lawrence of Arabia

The Bridge on the River Kwai

On the Waterfront

The Apartment

Easy Rider

Swing Time

Nashville

Bringing Up Baby

Cabaret

West Side Story

MASH

Pulp Fiction

The Last Picture Show

Lawrence of Arabia

The Bridge on the River Kwai

On the Waterfront

The Apartment

Easy Rider

Nashville

Bringing Up Baby

These ratings make me sad. Those are some of my all-time favorite movies.

Master of My Domain
Some of those ratings are heartbreaking...

MASH, Bridge on the River Kwai, The Apartment, Pulp Fiction, American Graffiti, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest... waaaah!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Ok. I see you haven't started any threads. I challenge you to start a thread that gets at least 20 replies. The thread can't be asking people to reply to complete this challenge.

All challenges are posted in the first post again. I'm all caught up.

Remember this is an all year thing. Keep challenging and keep doing them. Once again to get credit for a challenge you must log it in the challenge completed thread.

If you want a challenge speak up, or you can do the everyone challenges. Due to how many everyone challenges there are, I am going to treat them as first come gets the credit and then erase the challenge. This is to encourage more and different types of challenges though out the year.

Have fun with these. I really want to see how big the challenge log is come Dec. 31st. I'm hoping it's huge.

Completed my two challenges, I need something new. Hint: I am 23 short of finishing the AFI 100 because there are quite a few movies there I can't bring myself to start. I have wanted to finish that list for years. I used to keep a magazine copy of it in my desk.

Ok. I am going to challenge you to watch specific films from that list. These are my favorites of what you have left. The Wild Bunch; The Philadelphia Story; Bringing Up Baby; The
Gold Rush & The Maltese Falcon. I'm going to add one that I didn't care for, Sophie's Choice, just to see how we agree/differ on these particular movies.

I'm going to figure out ways to award points for the challenges. Right now all I know for sure is movie challenges will be 5 points a movie. So for example, Seanc completed 2 challenges with 3 movies each so he has a total of 30 points. Unless a movie is over 3 1/2 hours then it's worth 10.

I think art pieces will be worth 10 points as they usually take 4 or more hours to do.

Books might be 10 for 200 pages and 5 for each 100 pages thereafter. It's not set in stone.

This a will be a way to earn a MoFie instead of having to be voted for. Three to five members will earn a MoFie depending on the level of participation.

Remember you can always do the challenges that are for everyone and ask to be challenged, so no complaining that you didn't have any challenges.

I figured it would be cool to have a few MoFies people could earn as well as be voted for. Although whoever has the most challenge points is probably going to be a contender for overachiever as well.

WARNING: "Spoilers" spoilers below
but it's mine

I challenge everyone to complete 0 challenges.

There now no one will be left out. Oh, but after accomplishing this you should take it away because they won't qualify after completing it.

1/4 of my way through Raul's challenge and I just have to color Harvie for Seanc's. For Raul's challenge I watched Chop Shop. I really, really recommend this film. It was wonderful. It reminded me of Ballast in it's style, pacing and how natural the movie felt.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I should be completing Godoggos challenge soon. I've seen Moonstruck, Sleepless in Seattle, and Love Story. One more Passion left.

On Swans challenge I saw Alien. Now I just need to see Blade Runner.

I'll start a Star Wars marathon, but probably not until summertime with this enormous watchlist I have.

Hopefully I can entice HK with a The Fog commentary if I enjoy it.