R.I.P. Mark Goddard

Tools    

Dang!

I saw him in person once.
Although I did not ultimately like the way the Lost In Space movie turned out, I did like Mark's cameo in it.
This is silly, but I was always on Don West's side regarding Dr. Smith!

I'll probably watch him tonight on ME TV (Lost In Space).

RIP Mr. Goddard. I don't remember seeing him in anything else even though IMDb lists 52 credits. But I did love Lost In Space when I was a kid.

And the biggest thing I miss since giving up cable is MeTV. Especially Svengoolie.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
And the biggest thing I miss since giving up cable is MeTV. Especially Svengoolie.
I love watching Svengoolie and MeTV (my favorite over-the-air channel). Some streaming services carry that channel. If you invest in an amplified digital antenna you might be able to pick up MeTV.

Great looking guy....loved him on Lost in Space...never understood why his career went nowhere after the show was cancelled. Though I do remember him playing a character named Derek Barrington on General Hospital. RIP

I love watching Svengoolie and MeTV (my favorite over-the-air channel). Some streaming services carry that channel. If you invest in an amplified digital antenna you might be able to pick up MeTV.
I get MeTV...I have to confess I still watch the Brady Bunch there every Sunday morning.

I've only seen him in Lost in Space. I also use to watch that show when I was a kid and probably in jr high too. I can't remember but I do know it was on in reruns after I came home from school. I think alot of those 1960s tv shows ended up typecasting the actors. I haven't seen Lost in Space since I was a kid, I wonder if I would still like it?

I know PhiloTV carries Svengoolie but right now I want to see how long I can hold out without paying additional costs, This is the first time in a long time that I've done without cable and so far there's no shortage of things to watch. If anything there's too much to choose from. I have access to five streaming services but Roku alone provides countless choices for basically a one time price tag for their device.

Oh and I also purchased an on air antenna for the NFL games. I get all the local channels plus a few PBS stations. It's not amplified digital though so no MeTV unfortunately.

I haven't seen Lost in Space since I was a kid, I wonder if I would still like it?
It's mostly super campy. I remember their first season they tried for a straight up scifi adventure but then Dr. Smith became the focus and it turned into more of a "Gilligan's Island guest of the week" thing with all manner of space traveler/menacing alien creature wandering by. If you like or at least can tolerate the old Batman TV show you'll probably have a soft spot for Lost in Space as well.

It's mostly super campy. I remember their first season they tried for a straight up scifi adventure but then Dr. Smith became the focus and it turned into more of a "Gilligan's Island guest of the week" thing with all manner of space traveler/menacing alien creature wandering by. If you like or at least can tolerate the old Batman TV show you'll probably have a soft spot for Lost in Space as well.
I very recently rewatched the old Batman TV show for the first time in ages and instantly loved it.. I loved the camp of Batman, so maybe Lost in Space is right up my star alley!

I have all 3 seasons of Lost in Space on DVD. The first season was the best. The suits behind the show stole a lot of the ideas from Gene Roddenberry. The show came out in '65 and they portrayed the "future" launch date of the Jupiter 2 on October 16, 1997.

I get MeTV...I have to confess I still watch the Brady Bunch there every Sunday morning.
I once thought about buying the entire series with the shag carpet cover. Great show.

I've only seen him in Lost in Space. I also use to watch that show when I was a kid and probably in jr high too. I can't remember but I do know it was on in reruns after I came home from school. I think alot of those 1960s tv shows ended up typecasting the actors. I haven't seen Lost in Space since I was a kid, I wonder if I would still like it?
I can also say I don't recall seeing Mark Goddard in anything else but Lost In Space.

I know...love Vincent price in part three.
Have to wait until next week.

(At least Greg survived his wipe out, Bobby just missed getting bashed in the head, Peter dodged a tarantula bite and Alice's lower back got better... hopefully! I heard that after they got back home, many long nights with Sam practicing neuro-pressure helped Alice overcome her pain and begin to sleep better. Plus, Sam would place raw steaks on Alice's lumbar region!)

Sorry to hear. Lost in Space is also the only TV show I remember seeing Goddard in, but I do remember, like @Captain Steel, his cameo in the film version. Godspeed, Mark.