Inception

→ in
Tools    

I just saw inception for the first time. What if the entire movie was about freeing leo of his guilt? The entire dreamworld and everyone within constructed by his father (michael caine) so that the japanese guy could plant the idea in leo's head (inception) that he was in control and that the final dream where he gets home to his kids is actually reality? what if ellen page was sent to leo by his father as the extractor so michael caine could then be the architect of this ellaborate dream within a dream within a dream?
First moment that sent me down this path was the japanese guy (sorry cant remember his name) in the helicopter at the start that says something like "if you do one last job i can get you home to your kids. dont ask how but i can" (in a dream maybe, but it would have to be incredibly ellaborate to "fool" leo.)
am i going too deep or is this exactly what nolan wanted? how ever you take inception, surface value or deeper, its a brilliant and original film and i have to go and see it again with new ideas in mind...

Inception sucked because it wasn't in 3-D.

You would be amazed at the number of results you get on YouTube for typing in "cat inception", or "catception".

Inception’ DVD/Blu-ray Details Revealed

Details of the upcoming ‘Inception’ DVD and Blu-ray release are popping up online. The Limited Edition Briefcase version caught our eye in particular.

As Christopher Nolan’s brainy blockbuster, Inception, approaches the $700 million mark in worldwide box office, details on the DVD and Blu-ray release have been unofficially announced.

I was thinking about this release just the other day and couldn’t help but hope for a special edition silver briefcase version. Just to prove my prediction, here is my psychic tweet. It looks like dreams do come true (see what I did there?) as the Triple Play Limited Edition Briefcase will house the movie and some extra gifts for the consumers.

Inside the silver suitcase, which replicates the one seen in the film, is a spinning top “totem,” movie art cards, a PASIV Device User Manual and three copies of Inception - DVD, Blu-ray and Digital Copy.

As for the bonus features, there are only a few, but they sound appealing enough. Director Christopher Nolan and Leonardo DiCaprio will host the Maximum Movie Mode, a unique Warner Bros. commentary that implements a more interactive behind-the-scenes look as you watch the film.

Included are “The Cobol Job” and “The Big Under,” two digital comics that serve as prologues to Inception and expand on Leonardo DiCaprio’s backstory leading up to the dream theft seen at the beginning of the film. There is also a documentary-style segment on dream research that should be similar to the viral clip released before the movie.

I definitely hope there is more than this in the behind-the-scenes department. Many fans will be supremely disappointed if there is no extensive footage of the creative process behind the creation of Inception. They released enough video before the film opened to suggest there is enough to fill up an entire 50GB BD disc. Nolan has graced fans with a healthy portion of behind-the-scenes features in previous home videos, so surely there is more to come.

Expect a more formal announcement on the home video release details soon, but this is the first explanation of what we can expect when one of the year’s best films hits shelves. No date has been announced, but rumors have started on a potential December release (in time for the holidays, of course).

Source: Play.com

Looks like a damn good set to me too. More documentaries on lucid dreaming wouldn't hurt, too.

I saw Inception several weeks ago and I still think about parts of it everyday. Maybe it was just that I didn't fully understand the whole premise of it, but I feel that people were making this movie to be out to be more than what it was. I really thought the special effects were good and the acting for the most part was good, but it was nothing outstanding.

Leonardo DiCaprio’s INCEPTION to Reach $300m?

Inception, dropped a mere 7.1%. If the Christopher Nolan-Leonardo DiCaprio thriller/sci-fier stays the course, it’ll quite possibly not only reach $300m domestically but will also surpass the Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart-Taylor Lautner romantic fantasy The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, currently with $298.67m.

Source: www.altfg.com

Rule Britannia....
I was completely blown off by this movie. Surely, didn't see anything like it before.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Loved the movie! Just saw it yesterday finally. In a class of its own really, as there is no movie that you can really compare it to.

Great reviews! Inception is really a mind-twisting film!

This movie is generally based on lucid dreams. The film begun in the world where technology exists to enter the human mind through dream invasion, a single idea within one’s mind can be the most dangerous weapon.

Inception Is One Of The Top 10 Movies Of 2010, So Far...

This Christopher Nolan mind-warping extravaganza could garner a best picture nod. Why? First, the film plays with reality with virtuosic skill. Second, the Academy blew it big time by failing to nominate Nolan's "Dark Knight" in 2008. Time for a makeup call.
The movie follows the exploits of Leonardo DiCaprio's Cobb, a "dream" thief who gets hired to plant an idea into the target's subconscious instead of stealing one. Problems ensue.

Even if the film's complexity makes you wish it came with Cliff's Notes, just savor the jaw-dropping visuals. At the screening I attended, the audience applauded after the gravity-challenged elevator fight.

This is one film that must be seen on a big screen to be fully appreciated.

Source: www.milforddailynews.com

Wow. I'm not even sure where to begin. There is just too much to digest. For the most part it's, of course, excellent. Super original ideas. I'm not even sure if I have ever seen a film like this. I really need to watch it a couple of more times to fully digest, but seriously, there is nothing quite like this film. It's a provisional 4 stars for me right now, but there is more to digest. There where a few moments of what I felt was unintentional confusion, but that's the only qualms I have thus far. The ending is wicked.

about to post my video review of it, I enjoyed it very much