The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Rule Britannia....
Nolan Confirms He's Writing Batman 3 At Last

Director Christopher Nolan has danced around Batman 3 almost since the first reel of The Dark Knight unspooled. There have been rumors and vague proclamations, but till now no one has even been able to confirm that Christopher Nolan will make another Batman movie, let alone actually start work on it any time soon.

Tonight though, now that Nolan’s done with Inception, the waiting is over. In an interview with MTV Chris confirms that not only do they have a release date picked out for the next Batman in 2012, he’s hard at work writing the script. He says, “We know we're aiming for 2012 [as a release date]. That's been talked about. We're just working on the script, really. My brother has been hard at work on it for quite some time. It's based on a story that myself and David Goyer have written.”

That’s the same trio that came up with the script for The Dark Knight and it sounds like they’re going about it in the same manner. David Goyer and Christopher Nolan came up with the story for The Dark Knight and then Jonathan Nolan wrote it with input from Chris. It worked once, let’s hope it works again. If it does, it’ll be the first time any third entry in a superhero franchise has actually lived up to expectations. With the exception of a scant few movies like Toy Story 3 and Back to the Future 3, third movies in any franchise are almost always a disappointment. If anyone can buck the trend, they can.

This also means that the endless string of Batman 3 casting rumors might actually start to make sense now since, you know, they’ve actually started thinking about who might be in it. Somewhere in Jonathan Nolan’s laptop, maybe in a cleverly hidden Word doc, is a name like “Oswald Cobblepot”, “Edward Nygma”, or my personal pick “Basil Karlo”. Stick with us over the next few months to find out which of Batman’s villains have made it into the new script.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Nolan...ast-19261.html

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan talks Batman 3, Jonathan Nolan has finished the script

With Inception on the verge of being released director Christopher Nolan will likely be bombarded with questions by just about everyone regarding Batman 3. Nolan has said in the past that he likes to focus on one movie at a time, and he has been saying that whenever questioned about The Dark Knight sequel recently.
While he repeats himself again in this latest interview, he does talk about his success and mentions his brother Jonathan has been working “very hard” on the script for Batman 3.
From The New York Times:
On the success of The Dark Knight:
It could be paralyzing, if you chose to take credit for the success, rather than understanding that when you catch the zeitgeist in that way, that’s a very unique thing. And not possible to explain. Beyond that, it’s in the hands of the movie gods. I think we were extremely, extremely fortunate in ways that I’ll probably never understand. In that sense, I don’t worry about it.
On what he did after the completion of The Dark Knight:
I actually had a really enjoyable period, went away for a month to Florida, relaxed with the family. While we were doing “The Prestige”, we knew we were going to do “The Dark Knight”. While I was doing “Batman Begins”, I knew I was going to do “The Prestige”. That’s basically five or six years that you’re completely locked into a creative path. For the first time I was able to step back and go, O.K., what do I want to do now? I’d always wanted to do “Inception”. I took six months to finish the script, and I found I could.
On Warner Bros. setting a 2012 release date for Batman 3:
The gears are firmly jammed up with this movie. I wouldn’t let them put out an impractical date. Put it that way. They know me well enough to know what my process is. I do one film at a time. It’s one of my real inefficiencies. As I start to free up on this film, I’ll be thinking about what to do next. I’m also very fortunate I have a brother I work with. He’s an incredible asset and has been for many years.
On whether his brother, Jonathan, has completed the script:
Oh, yeah. He’s been working on a script for a long time. And working very hard. So he tells me.
Keeping his head in one world at a time is probably why Nolan produces great films, and Inception will no doubt complete his winning streak.
We heard earlier this month that Batman 3 may begin filming in March so we can expect a few developments over the rest of the year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://filmonic.com/christoper-nolan...atman-3-script

Rule Britannia....
Christopher Nolan: No Joker in Batman 3

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN has made it clear that the Joker will not be coming back in his next Batman movie.
Despite the filmmaker previously saying he was "not comfortable" with the idea of recasting Heath Ledger's archvillain, fans have been clinging to the hope that the director was being vague or cryptic and that the character would be back in some shape or form in Batman 3.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt has even been suggested as a possible replacement because of his resemblance to Ledger.
But, in an interview to promote his new film Inception, Nolan said: "For me, Heath was the definitive Joker. It wouldn't feel appropriate to readdress that character."
No coyness or vagueness this time, although some fans still remain optimistic that the next film will at least show the aftermath of the Joker's activities from The Dark Knight, with the villain as perhaps an unseen mastermind operating from within Arkham Asylum.
Ledger was signed to reprise the role in the next instalment but died of an accidental prescription drug overdose in January 2008, just months before The Dark Knight was released in July that year.
His portrayal of the so-called 'clown prince of crime' earned him an Oscar for best supporting actor, only the second to be awarded posthumously.
Nolan would not give any hint as to what villains will feature in Batman 3, due out on July 20, 2012, although he had previously said we wouldn't be seeing Mr Freeze again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/t...-not-appr.html

It really blows that Heath is dead. I think it's becoming pretty clear that Nolan intended to make the third installment be a continuation of The Batman's struggle with The Joker.

I wonder how this next one will turn out now.

Semper Fooey
I've been trying to think of a really memorable Batman villain from the comic books that hasn't appeared yet and I can't think of one. There was an outstanding story from the 1960s called Death Knocks Three Times with a one-shot villain dressed like a skeleton. but the Heath Joker had basically his personality so there is no point in using him.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Like I said, as much as I doubt it will happen, I'd like to see either The Riddler or Hush be the next villain.

Suspect's Reviews

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I agree with you TUS Id love to see Riddler as the new villian that would be so cool

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Robin Williams told Empire magazine (via MusicRooms.net) that he would be interested in playing a role in Christopher Nolan's next Batman film, scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Williams, who starred in Nolan's 2002 release Insomnia, said: "I would do Batman in a second, playing anyone, I'd play The Riddler in the next one, although it would be hard to top Heath as the villain and I'm a little hairy for tights... The Batman films have screwed me twice before: years ago they offered my The Joker and then gave it to Jack Nicholson, then they offered me The Riddler and gave it to Jim Carrey. I'd be like, 'OK, is this a real offer? If it is, then the answer's yes. Don't pump me again motherf**kers.'"

Regarding another DC Entertainment property, "X-Men" films producer Lauren Shuler Donner tells SCI FI Wire she really wants to take on a Wonder Woman movie.

"I'm campaigning to produce Wonder Woman for DC and Warners. They don't want it, but I just think she's the greatest character. She's right up there, as you know, with Superman and Batman, the three of them. I want to produce Wonder Woman," she said.

We're not sure who she means when she says "they don't want it," but Shuler Donner added she would know how to adapt the character. "Look, she's a goddess and a superhero. How great is that? I think you need to stay close to the myth, but the studio I know wants to make it accessible, i.e., somewhat contemporary. I think there is a way to do it."

The producer said that she would want to cast a young up-and-comer. "I think so, because I'd like it to grow. I think there's a lot of Wonder Woman stories that would be great to tell. I see a couple of them."
Robin Williams as the Riddler? I dont know if Id like that

Me neither, but it won't happen. It's so silly that these sites/magazines/blogs/whatever write a news article every time an actor even expresses an interest in playing a role that a) they haven't been offered and b) might not even end up existing at all.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im glad it wont happen if im honust, dont get me wrong I like Robin Williams but him playing such a big role as the Riddler it wouldnt end well.

Me neither, but it won't happen. It's so silly that these sites/magazines/blogs/whatever write a news article every time an actor even expresses an interest in playing a role that a) they haven't been offered and b) might not even end up existing at all.
i know i still remember hearing eddie murphy will be the riddler lol.

Semper Fooey
They won't take my advice. but I think the way to go is a villain loosely based on the Outsider (not really Alfred the Butler), someone who appears to know Batman is Bruce Wayne, and is like an evil stalker, whose only motivation in committing crimes is to attract Batman so he can taunt and eventually kill him. Who is he and what is his motivation? That's what writers are for.

I think Nolan would take Riddler to a new height...
Or even Mad Hatter..

But i'd love to see Riddler.. Jim Carrey's Riddler was nowhere close to the actual comic book version..
And I think Nolan can adapt the comic book version perfectly...

Semper Fooey
The Riddler is a mediocre villain and always was. He is remembered because Frank Gorshen in the TV show gave him a weird laugh that made him seem more like the Joker. Prior to the TV series, he was in just two back-to-back stories in the late 1940s and had just been reintroduced in the comic book at the time the Adam West starrer was being developed. A guy who leaves riddles so he can get caught is inherently a campy concept and he always will be Joker light.

Like I said earlier.. Nolan will make the character interesting..

I feel Riddler is a character based on a interesting premise.. he just needs to be done right.
There are some interesting Riddler stories frok the 90's... I think Riddler will make a perfect villain...

Mad Hatter & Riddler will make great surrealistic villians for Nolan's Batman.

Would love to see Nolan take on the Knightfall story line. Bane would be an awesome on screen villain, if done correctly obviously.

But, there's no way you could fit everything in one movie, and I highly doubt Nolan and Bale would want to make another 2-3 movies.

I was never impressed much with the Jim Carrey Riddler as I don't enjoy Carrey very much. Has there been any talks of The Penguin making a comeback as a villain?

Semper Fooey
Nolam in interviews has given the impression he doesn't like the Penguin.