Chick Flick????

Tools    

Why do so many guys call movies that have romance in them "Chick Flicks"...?
and
because it's a "Chick Flick", does that mean that it's a pain to watch them if you're a guy?

Hmmm......just curious to why they are referred to as a "Chick Flick".........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I've always thought that a movie with a lot of romance or many lead female characters was a "chick flick;" a movie that will attract more women than men. That's the closest definition I can come up with.

I dont know.

To me movies like Little Women or Pretty Woman or Ghost are chick flicks. But I've learned that not all movies with romance in them are chick flicks- jus look at TRUE ROMANCE. You call that movie a chick flick?!?!?!?! HAHAH NO! Not even close. But it's got romance in it.

C'mon man, we all know what a chick flick is.

Steel Magnolias = CF
Braveheart = NOT!

Fried Green Tomatoes = CF
Natural Born Killers = NOT!

You've Got Mail = CF
Flash Gordon = NOT!

All six of these movies have romance, however, the NOT! movies are seen through the man's perspective. Violence, lust, and machismo, make up the bulk of the emotions of those movies. The CF movies are seen through the woman's perspective and portray feelings of love, longing, and sentiment. Big difference.

BTW, I really like all six of these films, with the exception of You've Got Mail. It's good if I've got a cold and need to veg out watching TV, hoping that eventually I'll pass out. No offence Aniko.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Put me in your pocket...
Originally posted by LordSlaytan

BTW, I really like all six of these films, with the exception of You've Got Mail. It's good if I've got a cold and need to veg out watching TV, hoping that eventually I'll pass out. No offence Aniko.

So that’s what a “chick flick” is… It’s always been a little confusing to me and now I’m confused about what a “chick” who likes the “NOTs” better than the “CF’s” would be called …

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Caitlyn.....lol................yep........I'm in the same boat as you........what the hell would you call a "chick" who likes the NOTS better than the "CF"............

Originally posted by Nikki
Caitlyn.....lol................yep........I'm in the same boat as you........what the hell would you call a "chick" who likes the NOTS better than the "CF"............
Unique, in my world.

Steel Magnolias is in my top ten favorites, though