Rate my dvd collection

Tools    

im a noob ... again : (
Holy crap ... I have like 1/10th that many movies ... I applaud all of you guys.

I must become Caligari..!
Mine has been updated

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...=1&id=hondo333
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

What I own (thanks to this thread for the site ).......

My Collection

I'm impressed with some of the other collections and its great to see Hondo, that you own a 'Young Ones' DVD. That series was hilarious.

Mine is big enough to fit in this one post. I'm still majorly on VHS and DivX.

A Better Tomorrow I & II -- John Woo
The Legend of Gingko -- Je Gyu-Kang
Videodrome -- David Cronenberg
Friend -- Kwak Kyung-Taek
Cest Arrivé Prčs de Chez Vous -- Rémy Belvaux
Romper Stomper -- Geoffrey Wright
The Ring -- Hideo Nakata
Windtalkers -- John Woo
Superman -- Richard Donner
Battle Royale -- Kinji Fukasaku
Brimstone & Treacle -- Richard Loncraine
They Live -- John Carpenter
Jaws -- Steven Spielberg
Tetsuo : The Iron Man -- Shinja Tsukamoto
The Great Escape -- John Sturges
Hard-Boiled -- John Woo
Hoosiers -- David Anspaugh
Castle of Cagliostro -- Hayao Miyazaki

Saruman - 4.5/10
Hondo - 5/10
Tuna - 3.5/10
verbal penguin - 7/10
Mark - 6.5/10
Sexy Celebrity - 6.5/10
Endless - 4/10
Private Mojo - 3.5/10
J-RanDOM - 4.5/10
RedQueen 3/10
rocklarky - 5.5/10
Henry the Kid - 4/10
sphericthor - 6/10
Bobby Boucher - 4.5/10
firegod - 5/10
Revenant - 3.5/10
Mairosu - 2.5/10

Whew! Thought I'd be fair and rate everyone else's before sharing my own. ^_^ My taste in movies is a little ... varied, so feel free to poke fun all you want. I just realized how small my actual collection is compared to my wishlist. *pouts*

My DVD's

Well Jenny, here's my collection ......which is growing all the time. Feel free to rate it.

** My collection also contains films that cannot be put onto the previous page I posted. They do not exist on shelves (for examples screeners. workprints and such ) They do count, yet I have alot so maybe add I'd say....60-65 the least.

Jason, I keep telling you. You might own the DVD, but a work print is not a copy of the finished film, so it doesn't count.

Screener do, but not work prints.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Jason, I keep telling you. You might own the DVD, but a work print is not a copy of the finished film, so it doesn't count.

Screener do, but not work prints.

Workprints , most of the time do count... for example Jason Vs. Freddy (etc..) is the basically THE film though it has tracking numbers. Some may have (for example Jay and Silent Bob ) may have alternate music and addded scenes within as others do, but in general.... they count "one way or another"...

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Here's MY COLLECTION thus far...
Thats a joke right

I was impressed with everyone’s various tastes in movies … and I rated all of them but lost the post… grr…. Anyway, they were all mainly either a 7 or an 8... When I have time, I will re-look at all of them again…

If anyone wants to look at mine… they can see it HERE ... There are a few repeats on the list because I haven’t gotten around to getting rid of a few earlier DVD’s and a few silly movies on there that I have for a teen-age cousin (female) who comes over and my niece and nephew… I really need to do an update...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Wow that is an absolutely huge collection. I give it a 10 just for the sheer quantity, not to mention I only saw a few that were bad.

Cat, your collection is not bad at all ...I rate it a 7. naturally when you update it, and everybody fixes and such theirs too , their collection would be worth a 10 or plus. I personally (even though I have alot) don't give myself an A.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
There are a few repeats on the list because I haven’t gotten around to getting rid of a few earlier DVD’s and a few silly movies on there that I have for a teen-age cousin (female) who comes over and my niece and nephew… I really need to do an update...
John Carpenter's Vampires...tell me this wasn't one of those silly movies

Your collection is formidable, but you seem to like safe purchases - not a single step off the well beaten box office path. Just a remark, not a criticism.