Audio Commentary Wishlist

Tools    

If you could have any person record a commentary track for any film, who would it be?

It doesn't matter if they're dead or alive, it doesn't even matter if they had nothing to do with the film itself, just choose one person or groups of people to talk about any film you want.

For me...

Alfred Hitchcock - Any of his movies.
Paul Thomas Anderson - Punch-Drunk Love
Cast & Crew of... - The Big Lebowski
Gus Van Sant - elephant
Stanley Kubrick & Peter Sellers - Dr. Strangelove

How 'bout you?

Stanley Kubrick to commentary on everyone of his films.

Before they croak, I sincerely hope somebody sits Michael Caine and Sean Connery down to do an audio commentary track for The Man Who Would Be King. I'd love to have Albert Brooks do one or two for his films, especially Modern Romance, Lost in America or Defending Your Life. Polanski and Mia Farrow sitting down to discuss Rosemary's Baby could be fun.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Quentin Tarantino - Pulp Fiction

Martin Scorsese - Taxi Driver

Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
Martin Scorsese - Taxi Driver
Scorsese already did one for Taxi Driver, on the Criterion Collection's LaserDisc of that film. It's great. It's Marty and Paul Schrader talking about the flick. One of my all-time favorite commentary tracks. It was one of the first dozen or so I ever listened to (I think Gilliam on The Adventures of Baron Munchausen may have been the very first).

I just know they're coming to kill me.
George Lucas and Mel Brooks - Spaceballs
The original cast from all of the original Star Wars
- Include one with the new cast as well. I'd enjoy hearing what they would have to think about the originals. And vice versa.

Originally Posted by Zzat
Stanley Kubrick to commentary on everyone of his films.
I wouldn't mind if he did a commentary for every one of his films, but I wouldn't want him to spoil anything for us. I'd especially wouldn't like him to shed some light on 2001, a big part of why I like it so much is it's mystery. But it'd be all right if he talked about others things apart from his directing.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone - Baseketball
Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper - Pulp Fiction
Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo