X-Men 3: The Bad Guys All Wear Black Hats

→ in
Tools    

oh come now taxi driver, is that really a spoiler? and is there really anyone reading reading this thread that hasn't seen the movie yet? I don't think so, but thats just me. In any case, I'm sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone. I'll see what I can do about that.

Originally Posted by thedeal526
I just wonder why Mystique lost her power and reverted to her human self was that simply for the movies? I mean I always thought Mystique was born blue like Night Crawler, and if she has lost her powers, she would remain blue, just unable to morph into anything else.
WARNING: "dont look" spoilers below

Obviously the "cure" is temporary. I am hoping for a return of Mystigue an Rouge for that matter. I hope Rouge will permently ab sorb someones powers like she did in the comics.

I'm not as technically sound as most who post and create threads on forums such as this, so I hope that modification is good enough taxi driver.

Originally Posted by thedeal526
oh come now taxi driver, is that really a spoiler? and is there really anyone reading reading this thread that hasn't seen the movie yet? I don't think so, but thats just me. In any case, I'm sorry if I spoiled anything for anyone. I'll see what I can do about that.
Yeah, it definitely is a spoiler. Maybe people reading this thread have all seen the movie...and maybe not. No way to know. Always play it safe.

Anyway, I've gone back and added spoiler tags to your post. You can learn more about them here. You can also employ them by clicking on the red exclamation point when posting a message.

Jrs... while not that 'educated' here's basically what happens

WARNING: "X-Men 3" spoilers below
There's a sick man in a bed in a coma (?), who was previously briefly referred to in news footage questioning the morality of body swapping an active mind and body or something (?). Anyway, the man in the sick bed is there and a nurse (who i think Xavier knew- ?) comes in to check him and Xavier speaks to her, as in his mind in the sick man's body. Hope that's good enough

I think it's availabe on youtube as well.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I think it's availabe on youtube as well.
&search=x-men%203%20credits I'm looking for a better quality video, but this one at least has a brilliant reaction from an audience member at the end.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
Feel free to disagree with me or correct me on anything, but I don't feel up to a debate at the moment. Handbags and nails will have to do instead
i do disagree with you but your argumentation is thorough and i respect your opinion.
i even might consider it's my having been a comics fan for more than 30 years and my naiveté that makes me love the movie so much.
but frogs don't have nails, have they? so i'll keep it at that.

Originally Posted by Yoda
Maybe people reading this thread have all seen the movie...and maybe not. No way to know. Always play it safe.
Haven't seen it yet..and reading this thread

ps - someone should put a spoiler text box in JohnnyPencilPushers post...

Horrorphiliac

Female assassin extraordinaire.
saw it, felt less moved. i think the only real relationships we felt here were:

- wolverine to jean
- the professor to the group

WARNING: "for xmen3" spoilers below
these relationships were tangible, emotional, and intense. i cried when the professor died because patrick steward (god save Capt. Picard!) had established a strong love for his kind, a clear protective leader, mentor and fatherlike bond with his students. his entrenchment into the very being of everyone at his school is clear, even for those who have left and returned (Beast). thus it was intensely real to see his nearly saintlike sacrifice in the face of one child's blind attack.

jean's struggle was also palpable for about 75% of the movie. however, the other 25% was what really counted. her listlessness and gameness to go along with magneto make no sense. basically, her very character follows plot actions that contradict the very nature of her existence. she is not capable of being used. one could argue that she is capable of using others or letting others use her so she can get what she wants, but not simply allowing herself to be used because she's mercurially in the mood at the moment.

the argument is that she is about desire and joy, immediate gratification, irrational, illogical, with one constant - herself, and her wants/needs/fears/rage/suspicion. thus she should trust no one, including magneto. how could she go with him so quickly, yet literally flay the skin off wolverine?

wolverine's love was also palpable, though there was some stupidity going on there about his wakening jean. that was as contradictory as jean's going with magneto. he is a man of principle. deciding to stay and work with the professor means he respects him, even if he's hot tempered. he may have a big fight but he respects the professor, and the professor of course would have good reason and great knowledge about what he's doing with jean. how can wolverine suddenly discount all that, and mess around in a lab with someone he knows is in a delicate mental state? if he loved her so much, and was so concerned for her well being, would he seriously mess around with her while her mind was a jumble clearly being handled by someone else? isn't there a danger he'll make things worse?

all really weird, valid, obvious issues the film just rushed over.

i haven't thought it all out yet but i give it a 3 out of 5. okay, but just okay. too much fell short to balance it.

but, living in the bay area, i must say that the golden gate bridge scene was pretty awesome. heh.

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
i do disagree with you but your argumentation is thorough and i respect your opinion.
i even might consider it's my having been a comics fan for more than 30 years and my naiveté that makes me love the movie so much.
but frogs don't have nails, have they? so i'll keep it at that.
What about a handbag? Choose your weapon:

Mwahaha!

Originally Posted by thmilin
WARNING: "for xmen3" spoilers below
i cried when the professor died because patrick steward (god save Capt. Picard!) had established a strong love for his kind, a clear protective leader, mentor and fatherlike bond with his students. his entrenchment into the very being of everyone at his school is clear, even for those who have left and returned (Beast). thus it was intensely real to see his nearly saintlike sacrifice in the face of one child's blind attack.
WARNING: "X-Men 3" spoilers below
I have to admit, when I saw that happen I did feel pretty sad. I didn't believe what I was seeing, as if someone I'd known in real life had been killed in front of me.

It was definitely one of the better scenes in the movie.
Originally Posted by thmilin
but, living in the bay area, i must say that the golden gate bridge scene was pretty awesome. heh.
And that one

history *is* moralizing
man, so they start killing all my frog family members to make bags... i wish i'll be reborn as an alligator...

Success is the only Earthly judge..
WARNING: "X-Men 2" spoilers below
Well, in my opinion I found it shocking that the prof., Jean, and Cyc died...I guess it is because that isn't how it happened and these were aparently ideas of the new director, but forgive me i was a big comic and cartoon fan. I was happy to see beast( no one but Mr. Grammer could have done the job)...I was also happy to see influences of Mr. Sinister: Jean comes back for instance...

but it was a hilariously good movie-I don't think you know who I am...I'm the Juggernaut, Bit##-!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh yeah, re: the rogue bit, and gambit ...

i have been hankering for gambit too, but recognize that rogue is in her teens and gambit doesn't show up until she's in her thirties or something.

that said, WHY ON EARTH

WARNING: "xmen3" spoilers below
did they have to make her a pansy and go get rid of her powers like that? rogue was a hot, spicy, southern, redhead, badass, mamajama. i'm sorry anna paquin is boring, lame, boring, lame ... did i say boring? i don't want to see sulking yawning teens. if rogue was a teen would she honestly look/behave like that? or would she hotheaded, fiery, loudmouthed, stubborn, wild, and free? i think we all know the answer, and it wasn't in the movie.

this speaks back to my feelings about storm. storm should never, ever have been halle berry. COME ON. it's ANGELA BASSETT people, ANGELA BASSETT! someone who can pull off motherly and badass at the same time, with a deep voice you respect and get scared of. you don't get scared when halle berry yells at wolverine, DO you?

Originally Posted by jrs
I didn't find the scene at the end of the credits a spoiler at all whatsoever.
&search=xmen%20ending is a poor quality of that end credit scene. And yeah it is a spoiler for anyone who has not seen the movie so staaaaaaay away from the clip.

Originally Posted by Escape
&search=xmen%20ending is a poor quality of that end credit scene. And yeah it is a spoiler for anyone who has not seen the movie so staaaaaaay away from the clip.
I saw that. The reason that that wasn't a spoiler to me is because I knew it was gonna happen