The Hunger Games

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I've read the Hunger Games and while the first book was great, I didn't really enjoy the sequels. The Maze Runner series is a great series though. Hopefully they will make those into movies also. That would be a lot more exciting to me.

hunger games is way over rated... woody doesnt even belong in this film, i heard it was supposed to be cast to someone else, and he was the 2nd choice...

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I told myself that if this movie gets an R rating I'll give it a shot. By the looks of the trailer, it looks like it will DEFINITELY be PG-13. Lamers.

I'm really disappointed that Jennifer Lawrence has turned into 'that' girl (the semi-tough chick that tweens can look up to). She was absolutely brilliant in "Winter's Bone," but I guess there isn't much money to be made if you go the route of indie queen...

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
What's the deal with writing and getting ready for a sequel 5 months before the first movie comes out.

Lionsgate getting ready for Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire

Nov 17, 2011

Lionsgate is attempting to cash-in on the popularity of The Hunger Games Trilogy as quickly as possible, with the first film due out on March 23rd, 2012. Deadline is reporting that Lionsgate is already putting the sequel, Catching Fire, in the fast-lane to development, and is persuing Simon Beaufoy to pen the script. Director Gary Ross wrote The Hunger Games, but will be too busy working on post-production to write the sequel. No deal has been made with Beaufoy just yet though.

The Drunk and Happy
I'm really looking forward to this movie. I just finished the first book, I'm on the second one now... I really hope this movie is successful because if they did all three parts it would be epic for all the fans.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I told myself that if this movie gets an R rating I'll give it a shot. By the looks of the trailer, it looks like it will DEFINITELY be PG-13. Lamers.

I'm really disappointed that Jennifer Lawrence has turned into 'that' girl (the semi-tough chick that tweens can look up to). She was absolutely brilliant in "Winter's Bone," but I guess there isn't much money to be made if you go the route of indie queen...
This is exactly the way I feel, this needs to be rated R and I definitely think from the trailer and since it's based on a young adult series of books that it will not be R rated
If you are going to remake Battle Royale then you have to rate it R, I don't think I will see it if it get's a PG or PG-13.

If you are going to remake Battle Royale then you have to rate it R, I don't think I will see it if it get's a PG or PG-13.
The author of The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, swears up and down that she did not rip off Koushun Takami's Battle Royale. Maybe she didn't. Maybe it's just coincedence. Whatever. The reason why I'm peeved is because I feel like "The Hunger Games" has ruined the chances of an American remake of 2000's "Battle Royale."

You know a "Battle Royale" remake would definitely be rated R. It would be bloody fantastic. I would love to see someone like Robert Rodriguez(!!) at the helm of an American "BR." But this "Hunger Games" crap is putting that dream on hold. Damn tweenagers

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I think Battle Royale is one of the only movies I can think of that I would be completely excited for, I'm thinking more of an NC-17 than R, Underage kids beating or blowing the hell out of each other and especially if they do the gore just as much as the original, I really need to watch that again but the only copy I have is the copy from Japan back from when it was really hard to get ahold of a copy.

I really need to watch that again but the only copy I have is the copy from Japan back from when it was really hard to get ahold of a copy.
This is the one you need to get:

Battle Royale Limited Edition (UK - BD)
Here's a review of it: http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/battle-royale-limited-edition.html

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I'm looking forward to this one--but hey, I'd watch Jennifer Lawrence eating cheeseburgers for 2 hours...

Damn I can't wait to watch this movie! I just finished reading the first book.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Love the series, have read all the books in the hunger games trilogy. If movie is anything like the book (which usually isn't the case) it would be great entertainment. Would definitely watch it.

I'm so excited for this movie!

I'm going to see it!

It's getting a 12A rating here after getting some blood/gore shots cut out(7 seconds worth), or it would have stayed a 15 rating.

The BBFC said that Lionsgate, the film's distributor "chose to make cuts in order to achieve a 12A classification". The BBFC report also said: "an uncut 15 classification was available. These cuts were made in addition to reductions already made following an earlier 'advice' viewing of an incomplete version."

The Hunger Games is set to be the next huge teen franchise of films, comparable to the Twilight films. The target audience is teenagers, so a 15 certificate could have affected box office ratings.
That's me going to see this at the IMAX during the day now while schools are open, 12A means any age under 12 can see the film if they have an adult with them.

Here's a great article I found that lays it out for you.

/snippet
For those who have decided to boycott the movie because you argue the concept has already been done in the past, that's like saying you're not watching basketball anymore because you've already seen someone pull off a windmill dunk. This is how the movie industry works, films will get re-made and story lines will be re-told. It's similar to what Jay-Z says when referring to the beef between hip hop artists: "Nothing is going to change. Only thing that changes is the participants."

full article link here: http://www.gymclassallstars.com/2012...ger-games.html