Battle Royale remake??

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Battle Royale. I heard a little while ago from a friend who is a VERY reliable source that a major american studio is planning to do a westernized remake of this classic, I wanted to know if anyone has proof of this because I can't seem to find it. Yoda i'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, if it is I ask you to move it

Ahhhhh!!! Why can't they just leave well enough alone and distribute the original a little better?

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Are you joking? An Americanized remake? Wouldn't that basically put the film right out of existance?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I remember hearing something about this, though I'm a little weary on this news....

If they do remake it, which isn't impossible, it'll obviously fall far short as Hollywood doesn't have the balls to do anything close to the original. Even Miramax, soaring on Kill Bill, doesn't have the balls for it.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Who's your source and by saying VERY reliable, just how very reliable are they?

that's insanity! crazy ass movie, but man the mom's against violence and everything right that make movies beautiful, will come out full force

How could they do that and make America look like it was falling apart a la Japan in the original? They're over ambitious if they think people'll fall for that! I truly hope it isn't made, Hollywood's junior ranks are vile and always have been, seemingly.

Ya, how good is the source?

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
It was remade in Argentina if I remember right as a TV miniseries. Not in exact plot points, but in the concept that children were forced to kill each other in the mountains. It may have been Chile, but I think it was Argentina.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Battle Royale remake not happening?

Nov 29, 2011

It seems as though fans of Battle Royale can breathe some fresh air as the planned remake is apparently dead. Coming Soon spoke with Producer Roy Lee about his upcoming projects, and revealed that Battle Royale remake is pretty much dead. “Hunger Games took a lot of wind out of the sails of [a U.S. version of Battle Royale] because of its similar storyline and so I’m not exactly sure any studio–even before ‘Hunger Games’–would have taken the creative risks you would have needed to take to make the movie right now so would be even harder,” he said.
Even the producer admits that Hunger Games is basically a re-think of Battle Royale.

I'm sorry, but does Roy Lee actually accuse someone (even if it is the studios) of not being prepared to take "creative risks"?!

The guy's gotta have balls the size of Gibraltar.