The Marvels (2023)

Tools    

BKB
Comic book movie fatigue is in fact real and if The FLASH bombed as bad as it did, I see 0 hope in this, UNLESS, they choose to wait at the very least 5 years before making another comic book movie.. Once END GAME came to an end, I feel like a large majority of moviegoers want something different that's not a comic book movie, but I could be wrong too??

I can see 'Ms Marvel' spoiling the movie for me, that's all I got from the trailer, an annoying character and didn't like her acting when reacting to Goose near the end.

Loved Captain Marvel so that's a shame.

BKB
I concur.. Continuing to make these movies after the colossal flop of The FLASH truly means Hollywood needs to give comicbook movies a much needed break and there's really nothing wrong with this..

Sith, troll. Tomato, Tomahto. Thanks for confirming something I have long suspected.

I concur.. Continuing to make these movies after the colossal flop of The FLASH truly means Hollywood needs to give comicbook movies a much needed break and there's really nothing wrong with this..
I disagree. Ezra Miller was the reason for The Flash bombing, Will Smith was the reason for Emancipation bombing. I would have seen The Flash but simply will not because of the actor.

You get a Jon Favreau to get behind another MARVEL project, and it will be the biggest moneymaker of the year. After Endgame I feel Marvel studios thought they could do no wrong (Thor L&T), cut corners (no more big name stars in the lead), and got behind projects that just arent interesting (Morbius, Eternals, Ant-Man 3), though I did like Shang-Chi. They need to stop experimenting, release less movies, and actually do storytelling rather than 90% satire, and 10% substance.

As for The Marvels I believe Iman Vellani will steal the show.

BKB
I disagree. Ezra Miller was the reason for The Flash bombing, Will Smith was the reason for Emancipation bombing. I would have seen The Flash but simply will not because of the actor.

You get a Jon Favreau to get behind another MARVEL project, and it will be the biggest moneymaker of the year. After Endgame I feel Marvel studios thought they could do no wrong (Thor L&T), cut corners (no more big name stars in the lead), and got behind projects that just arent interesting (Morbius, Eternals, Ant-Man 3), though I did like Shang-Chi. They need to stop experimenting, release less movies, and actually do storytelling rather than 90% satire, and 10% substance.

As for The Marvels I believe Iman Vellani will steal the show.
The Marvels should basically go straight to Disney + because again, comicbook movie fatigue is real, Ezra Miller's personal life being a mess or not.. For some reason, anything that is NOT BATMAN will just not do that well for WB because in the end, DC characters are simply far too serious for the average moviegoer not a fan of this to sit through without falling asleep.. It would be interesting to see In an alternate world what WB would be like if they never would've rebooted BATMAN after George Clooney ruined it, if Nolan had never made The DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY??

Comic book movie fatigue is in fact real and if The FLASH bombed as bad as it did, I see 0 hope in this, UNLESS, they choose to wait at the very least 5 years before making another comic book movie.. Once END GAME came to an end, I feel like a large majority of moviegoers want something different that's not a comic book movie, but I could be wrong too??
People are bored when it comes to woke super hero films...which frankly they never really wanted to begin with. Deadpool 3 is going to make a billion dollars and will be the most successful R-Rated film of all time.

The lesson from WandaVison wasn't....hey whats the black friend up to. It was have an original concept not shallow casting.

If this movie came out 8 weeks later it would be a hit because you have no competition in January and February