How do you stay comfy during long watching session days?

Tools    

Gone back to reading
For me i have a recliner with 3 pillows underneath 4 blankets, one being an electric blanket, and i rest the computer on 2 pillows on my lap, and after a few hours into the day i take acetametaphine pills and heat pack things that stick to my back and neck. Still though i feel pain in the spine before i've been up for 20 hours. ... Slightly off topic i take edibles to add a little pizazz to my viewings and which helps me not lean too much into my prescribed sleeping pills. I also am planning on going out for walks more often, and some stretching exercises.

Gone back to reading
Same, i'm thinking of those whole day binges, after awhile ya ache, or maybe it's just me, and need to exercise more.

How do you stay comfy during long watching session days?

I don't let to stay seated for hours on end, usually nature calls before the movies over!

Same, i'm thinking of those whole day binges, after awhile ya ache, or maybe it's just me, and need to exercise more.
For me after about 3.5 to 4 hours of setting and watching movies and my back gets aching and that's with getting up for breaks. I couldn't manage setting watching movies/tv all day, my back would be unhappy.

Gone back to reading
Thank you, as i don't get to talk to others much, this is valuable info

For me after about 3.5 to 4 hours of setting and watching movies and my back gets aching and that's with getting up for breaks. I couldn't manage setting watching movies/tv all day, my back would be unhappy.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I take my socks off.
If my socks are off, I don't get warm as much.
With my socks off, I do not feel confined and, as a result, I am less fidgety.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A couch.

And a blanket when it's cold.

And sweets & snacks when on vacation.

But no sweets & snacks when I'm not on vacation.

And exercise & walks most days when not on vacation to keep me from muscular atrophy and high blood pressure.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I often do my brutal workouts in between films, then I get to rest while I watch something. Make lots of fresh good coffee, wrap myself in cashmere blankets. Sometimes I stretch on the floor (splits etc) while watching something as my TV makes that quite convenient. I’m usually very comfy, never get tired during my watching sessions.

Looks like a lot of people have these… “watching sessions”. Not that surprising since we’re on a movie forum but still.

I usually only see one movie per day. Sometimes I can do two. But it’s very rare if ever I do three. And certainly not more than that.

I think I might have done three some years ago and then of course when I was younger I had movie nights with friends and we’ll easily do 3-5 movies.

But outside of the fact that’s it’s just too damn long to sit still, I also prefer to let the movie I just watched soak in. I prefer that completed experience instead of flying straight into the next one. I guess I’m weird for not binging like crazy haha

But to answer the question, I think the answer is the opposite of what one might think. You can get as comfy as you want but your body will still hurt. What you need is exercise and stretching. And the harder you go with it, the more relaxed your body will be once you sit down to watch a movie or ten

So do a lot of it before. And have small breaks in between with some walking around and stretching etc.

For me i have a recliner with 3 pillows underneath 4 blankets, one being an electric blanket, and i rest the computer on 2 pillows on my lap, and after a few hours into the day i take acetametaphine pills and heat pack things that stick to my back and neck. Still though i feel pain in the spine before i've been up for 20 hours. ... Slightly off topic i take edibles to add a little pizazz to my viewings and which helps me not lean too much into my prescribed sleeping pills. I also am planning on going out for walks more often, and some stretching exercises.
Jeff, do you have mobility issues? How many hours are you sedentary each day?

I don't have too many super long watch sessions. But it's relatively easy to stay comfy, my wife and I watch pretty much everything in our bed. There's a big ol' TV in the bedroom and the bed's a california king. Got a big wedge thing, plenty of pillows, nice sheets, a mattress pad, really lovely down comforters, all that. When we moved into this house and sold the last one we decided to make the bedroom as comfortable as possible and it's gotten very comfortable indeed.

Watching comfortably
1. Lie down on couch with head propped up by pillows.
2. Pull blanket over body,
3. Cat sits on stomach.
4. Pet cat.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Got a big wedge thing, plenty of pillows, nice sheets, a mattress pad, really lovely down comforters, all that. When we moved into this house and sold the last one we decided to make the bedroom as comfortable as possible and it's gotten very comfortable indeed.
Surprised you don't have many long watches, then. This sounds like heaven for film marathons.

Hong Kong action film buff.
I usually only see one movie per day. Sometimes I can do two. But it’s very rare if ever I do three. And certainly not more than that.

I think I might have done three some years ago and then of course when I was younger I had movie nights with friends and we’ll easily do 3-5 movies.

The last time I watched 3 family movies was.. about 2 years ago. "Alvin & The Chipmunks IV", "Daddy Daycare" &... I can't remember.

I did watch the first 2 Police Story films (and New Police Story) all in 1 day

Watching comfortably
1. Lie down on couch with head propped up by pillows.
2. Pull blanket over body,
3. Cat sits on stomach.
4. Pet cat.
Same