Name The musician/singer

Tools    

Dunno

At first I was thinking Benny Goodman, but no, wrong instrument. Then a name came to me out of the mist- I believe that's
Bix Biderbecke

Good try, also a blues man; but no. This guy had a great influence on the Rolling Stones, Clapton and the Allman Brothers, who all recorded his songs. He became known as the King Of The Delta Blues.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I'm probably wrong, but as soon as I saw this picture, the name Robert Johnson popped into my head. (I have no idea why. )

I can guess why it popped into your head @gbgoodies- because you are 100% correct - it IS Robert Johnson.

Good going gbg - take a turn, it you'd like to.

I can guess why it popped into your head @gbgoodies- because you are 100% correct - it IS Robert Johnson.

Good going gbg - take a turn, it you'd like to.

I must have seen that picture somewhere because I don't really know who he is, other than that he's a blues singer. I think he was the singer that they talked about in the 1986 movie Crossroads. It must have been his lost song they were talking about.

Next:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-singer.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	57024  

It's funny how things stick in one's mind. @gbgoodies Didn't see the movie myself, but the song Crossroads is Robert Johnson's. I first heard the song done by Clapton btw.

This guy you posted looks like a young Merle Haggard .

It's funny how things stick in one's mind. @gbgoodies Didn't see the movie myself, but the song Crossroads is Robert Johnson's. I first heard the song done by Clapton btw.
If you like blues music, I recommend the movie Crossroads. (It's the 1986 movie starring Ralph Macchio, not the one with Britney Spears.)

This guy you posted looks like a young Merle Haggard .
Correct. It is Merle Haggard.

Thanks for the recommendation @gbgoodies. I looked at the intro on YouTube and it does look like a movie I'd enjoy.

Next:

Correct. Your turn.

Mine is difficult, but it’s a British family band named for the 3 siblings in the photo. On YouTube they do an amazing cover of Canned Heat’s Up the Country.