top drug movies in no particular order

Tools    

gothica, easy rider, scarface, fast times at ridgemont high, up in smoke

yes, definitely dazed and confused

These are the ones I like (only ones which haven't been mentioned yet).

Trainspotting
Requiem for a dream
The Beach
A Scanner Darkly
Chumscrubber
Altered States
Blow
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas
Jesus' Son
Naked Lunch
Basketball Diaries
City of God
Little Fish
Drugstore Cowboys
Liquid Sky
Salton Sea

great ones! I will have to do some research on jesus' son. sounds interesting

Jesus' Son is a nice film, stars Billy Crudup, Samantha Morton, Dennis Hopper, Jack Black.

Jack Black had one of the best performances of his career.. Also a really good soundtrack.

There are lots of movies about drugs, all depends on what kind of film you are looking for.. there are crime film, dramas, comedies, biopics, etc...

Have you seen Chumscrubber? If you haven't, I recommend it.

thanks,

fear and loathing in las vegas - i thought the bill Murray version was much better than the johnny depp version

Does anything Kevin Smith make count?

The Days of Wine and Roses--alcohol is also addictive, and few films have provided as much insight into addiction and were shot and performed so well as this one.

But if you're going just for drugs, few films about drug addiction were done as well or had the historic element of busting the Hollywood code of its day as The Man With the Golden Arm.

Bing Cosby is manipulative and full of self-pity as a drunk married to Grace Kelly in The Country Girl (1954)

James Dean was an alcoholic in Rebel Without a Cause as was Paul Newman in Cool Hand Luke and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, although not much was made of the fact in the first two films.

Drug addiction got really trashy in Valley of the Dolls (1967) and Dustin Hoffman was hooked on something in Midnight Cowboy and on everything in Lenny. Sal Mineo played a drug addict in the film he did about real-life drummer in The Gene Krupa Story. Lots of drugs in Ray, the biofilm about Ray Charles.

Cagney plays an alcoholic newspaperman who saves himself and others through the AA in Come Fill the Cup (sounds like the title of a modern film about drug testing) in 1951.

And then there's drug abuse as wildeyed entertainment in Reefer Madness (1936)

My favourite stoner movies are Pineapple Express and Requiem for a Dream. Different genres but interesting movies.

What about District 13 and it's sequel, District 13: Ultimatum?

GREAT movies but they are not produced in America so it's kind of difficult to get ahold of.

Semper Fooey

What about District 13 and it's sequel, District 13: Ultimatum?

GREAT movies but they are not produced in America so it's kind of difficult to get ahold of.
What does District 13 have with drugs?