Frank Sinatra biopic - Martin Scorsese & Leonardo DiCaprio

Tools    

Mark Twain once quipped, “Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind it, it doesn’t matter.” When it comes to Martin Scorsese, age certainly isn’t making a difference. After landing 10 Oscar nominations for last year’s historical crime epic “Killers of the Flower Moon,” the 81-year-old director has mapped out his next several projects. Sources say he plans to shoot a Frank Sinatra biopic.

The Sinatra project could also some snags: The legendary crooner’s daughter Tina Sinatra controls her father’s estate and hasn’t yet given her blessing to the film. But that hasn’t stopped Scorsese from putting together a killer cast that would see frequent collaborator Leonardo DiCaprio playing the singer and Jennifer Lawrence portraying his second wife, actress Ava Gardner, sources say. It was Gardner who broke up Sinatra’s marriage with Nancy Barbato, Tina’s mother. With two of the biggest movie stars on the planet as leads, the film is drawing interest from major studios and streamers. Apple, which financed the $215 million “Flower Moon,” would love to stay in business with Scorsese, but Sony is said to be the frontrunner to nab the project.

The trick is not minding
Sinatra was a jerk. I hope they’re able to avoid treating him like some saint and properly explore his inner demons and mob ties. J Law as Ava Gardner? Not a bad choice I guess. Think I’d prefer Carey Mulligan or perhaps Emma Stone?
I’m more interested in who they cast as his Rat Pack buddies, if they go that far into his life, and I imagine they would.
Or even Lana Turner, who he had an affair with before he met Ava.