Oldboy

Tools    

Fair enough if you don't like something, but can you possibly find words other than 'horrible' and 'dumb' to describe things you don't like? Every time you talk about a movie you don't like you use the same words when you could maybe give more of a reason why you don't like the story other than 'it was dumb'.
I think Ichi The Killer was pretty whack.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

some customers may get their dicks ripped off
I recently watched this movie with a friend and i gotta say, it was quite the jawdropper. One of the most underrated foreign films of the decade unfotunately. It did however, have one of the greatest fight scenes involving a hammer.

Such a good movie... but I also agree that it is definately much better on the first viewing.

Hard to watch, but hard not to watch ... definitely leaves a lasting impression.

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

I watched this alone and focused, not knowing anything about it.

Completely blew my mind.

I'm still picking up the pieces.

I have this movie on DVD but haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it.

(Damn, I said I wasn't going to admit not seeing a movie. Oh well . . . . )

Are you okay with a little violence? (this is coming from a snot-nosed college kid to a "military man" haha) If so, I think it's a guarantee that you'll enjoy it.

Are you okay with a little violence? (this is coming from a snot-nosed college kid to a "military man" haha) If so, I think it's a guarantee that you'll enjoy it.
I don't mind violence sometimes. And my military experience is non-combat, with 2.5 of the 4 years working at NSA.

I bought the DVD due to its rating on IMDb -- just haven't made the time to watch it. I have about 10-12 movies in the queue here.

And my military experience is non-combat, with 2.5 of the 4 years working at NSA.
In that case I have no respect for your service whatsoever.

d:

I wouldn't say it's "essential" or anything, but it'll move you and impress you in many ways. For that matter, Park's entire Vengeance Trilogy will, but winter knows more about it than I do!

That makes two of us. Seriously.

d:

I wouldn't say it's "essential" or anything, but it'll move you and impress you in many ways. For that matter, Park's entire Vengeance Trilogy will, but winter knows more about it than I do!
My box set has 9 discs. All the rewatching is wearing me out. And I would say it's essential if you're into philosophical films

That makes two of us. Seriously.
No man, don't say that. A job's a job. You should be proud regardless of how many Arabs you killed.

Seriously, I really meant the opposite. I worked for a few months last summer, and that's the extent of my contribution to society.

I'm just a big, fat leech who trolls on his parents' dime.

My box set has 9 discs. All the rewatching is wearing me out. And I would say it's essential if you're into philosophical films
It does raise some amazing ethical questions, yeah. But I really don't know a whole lot about ethics yet!

Finished here. It's been fun.
Anybody think the American remake is going to be decent? I think it's ridiculous to remake this film but it doesn't look that bad judging from the trailers.

Anybody think the American remake is going to be decent? I think it's ridiculous to remake this film but it doesn't look that bad judging from the trailers.
I know it's very popular but I didn't like the original. I think the remake looks worse.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Yeah it's a Love/Hate type of film for sure. I liked it because some of the sequences were incredibly well shot(the hallways fight sequence is godly) and the twist makes this film go beyond being the average revenge flick.It's a disturbing piece of work for sure.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I saw it and I like it overall, but feel that even though it's fascinating, the plot is not airtight and perhaps doesn't hold together the best.

SPOILER

I feel the villain's plan was just maybe too perfect, like there were a literally a hundred things that could have gone wrong, but everything goes so perfectly right, even though the villain doesn't cross all Ts, so to speak.

For one thing, he has a building in the middle of what looks like to be downtown Seoul, and in this building he has not only one man kidnapped, but several, all locked in fortified rooms.

And he has to keep this building a secret from the outside world, even though it's right downtown, and he allows restaurant delivery people, to come the exact floor of the building, where all the captives are being held. I mean that would make him pretty much the most careless kidnapper ever, yet he is somehow able to pull off this elaborate crime of the century, literally.

So the movie is captivating, yet at the same time, very frustrating to buy into. And yes I watched the remake as well, but that was worse, and in the remake his plan had even more holes in it.

But what do you think?