The Best Storm or Natural Disaster in the Movies

Tools    

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
Hello everyone! It's been a few years since I've visited this forum and am happy to be back. I was scanning various posts at random and found an old one about the worst storm anyone had ever been in and I got think about which movie had the best sequence depicting a storm or natural disaster. For me one of the best was "The Perfect Storm" (2000) dir. Wolfgang Peterson.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
By far and away Sharknado, and I don't know how anybody could argue that.
Sharknado 2 was better than the first Sharknado movie.

No movie has come close to blowing me away like TWISTER did.
Get it? Blow away?

I love Twister. It's another one of those guilty pleasure movies that I just have to watch every time it's on TV.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Perhaps it doesn't fit your criteria precisely, but I will still nonetheless recommend it - Jeff Nichols' masterful "Take Shelter".

That's okay. Nobody's perfect!
I have not seen "Take Shelter" yet but, yes Matteo, it would fit the idea I was getting at in the broader sense. I watched a couple preview clips for this movie and in it's in own way is an interpretation of the Noah myth (arguably the greatest disaster of all times - the end of the entire world) set in modern times. How does man react to visions of an apocalyptic nature? Also it could include the twister sequence in the fantasy world of the "Wizard of Oz" which scared me and countless other children over the years.