Books that should, or shouldn't have been turned into movies.

Tools    

I cant control my brain.
Any books that would make a good movie or any movies that put the original book to shame?

I was a HUGE fan of Lemony Snickets a Series of Unfortunate Events. After seeing the movie i was very disapointed, and i still havent read the final book because of the movie.

A movie i was really happy with was The lion the witch and the wardrobe.
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.

They should create a movie of the Headless Horseman and Four Horseman of the Apocalypse!!!...

As I stated in another thread, I'd really like to see a film adaptation of the book "Friday" by Robert Heinlein as I think it would translate very well to the film medium.

Also, I would like to see an Epic series of movies based on the "Sword of Truth" series by Terry Goodkind. These would end up being even more epic than LoTR, I think.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

I was just about to say Survivor when I saw this thread in the forums...you beat me to it Meatwadsprite.

I hope it does happen...made into a movie I mean...that would be wicked.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
#1 film that should have NEVER been made into film: flowers in the attic (the movie could not even come close to the book)
i too was pleased with the lion,witch,wardrobe and the notebook ( i don't usually like romantic movies)

I would love to see the Sword of Truth Novels put onto film, but I would wish for a better ending to the series, the result was fine but who felt a bit ripped off at the quick ending?

Movies based on books that should not have been made...how about The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or Eragon? While I could see that someone could enjoy the first film by itself, it differs from the original text too much; in the commentary during the film, the director takea condescending approach to this criticism and says, "It's only a movie." Hmmm. The second film was just bad--I didn't care about any of the characters or the story. It seemed very predictable and like a lot of effort to annoy the viewer.

However, I hope not to offend any fan of the film. I also do not mean to say that a film cannot differ from the original text. The Peter Jackson Lord of the Rings series differe qite a bit from the text but work well as film stories. The film version of The Warriors is very different from the book, yet both keep me interested in the characters and events as they unfold. There certianly is value in variation of the original telling of a story.

I'd love to see another novel of Nicholas Sparks turned into a movie. Maybe The Wedding, which is a sequel to A Walk to Remember.

I loved a walk to remember, the wedding as a movie would be wonderful!

Good Thread, let's start with one near and dear to my heart. Shooter (or, my movie is so lame I'm not even gonna go by the books title), I actually like Wahlberg and I don't really blame this ridiculous movie on him. The book, originally titled Point of Impact by Stephen Hunter is to put it simply a thrilling page turner with a fantastic ending. the movie... Not so much. Bob Lee Swagger the books main character deserved someone like Tommy Lee Jones to do him justice.

As far as I know this is the first time someone has tried to bring a Hunter book to the screen and I vote that it's the last. I know, I know it's my fault for watching the piece of crap to begin with. And I freely admit it. I was weak. I saw the name Bob Lee Swagger on the back of the shiny little DVD box and I couldn't put it down. Such a bad decision. I should be purged. Perhaps even caned!