My Top 250 Movies

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
LA CAZA

I love movies like this... Being in a situation with a lot of tension in a remote area. 50/50 decision-making. The brain working as a computer, and bang! I've tried to watch another movie by Carlos Saura, but couldn't get into "Crio Cuervas" in the two or three times I tried. And then Geraldine Chaplin on top of all that?

That one might crack my favorites list if I were to rewatch it. I almost nominated it for the 27th HoF, in fact.
It is a long movie, but it didn't feel like it was three hours long.
I don't want to say too much (just in case it's a "spoiler" for future postings), but Visconti is my 2nd favorite director... I didn't see his last movie, though.

MAMMA ROMA

12-12-15
Amazing movie, amazing acting, writing, story.. Doesn't sugarcoat a thing. I never heard of this director until a member mentioned this movie. If anyone knows more like this, please reply

AUTUMN SONATA

10-11-16
Great movie. I love when you can see how a person feels, and see how they say they feel. A mother tells her daughter something, tells her agent something, but also talks aloud, which is perfect for the viewer. Or when a character spies when she is being talked about. The people doing the talking don't know, so there's a certain advantage. I love a movie that doesn't leave you in the dust.

One of Bergman's best scripts. First viewing, has to be a Top 5 of his.

EDIT: I didn't know that was Ingrid Bergman! Bergman directed by Bergman, was curious if that ever happened. Ingrid was beautiful then, too. I even paused it, daydreaming and writing a story how she'd by my sugar mama

PAPILLON

One of the great prison movies out there... Steve McQueen's best role. One of my very favorite actors. He could do more than most actors with just his eyes than they can with best-selling book dialogue.

LITTLE FUGITIVE

08-08-16

This movie is said to have influenced the French New Wave... Very sweet movie about a few brothers living in NYC. Don't wanna say too much. It's light-hearted (with some conflict) and funny at times. It's a great piece of history. A few times the modern part of me had some apprehension, but it was a different time. I was so happy to see a sign say "Smile - It's worth it and it costs you nothing". I loved looking in the background to find history.

Short movie which is on YouTube in full for free.. Enjoy!

THE WORKING-CLASS GOES TO HEAVEN

08-06-16
Great inspirational movie.. If you know of anything like this, I will watch it.

I talk to her on Facebook, since she doesn't come here anymore, but Senso68 recommended me this.. She has good taste.

SUNDAYS AND CYBELE

I love these kinds of movies - unique.. Unassuming. I remember constantly thinking about the age disparity, and have wondered if a movie like this gets better with a re-watch. I am guessing no, but give me your thoughts if you have seen it more than once.

This looks like Serge's first feature film. It has an 8.1/10 (4.4k ratings) on IMDB, yet, his next three movies have under 400 ratings, and he never made anymore. Does anyone know what happened to this guy? The world probably lost a lot of money. Oops, mistake, but I'm keeping it in. We lost a lot more than money! If I had a guess, I'd say the subject matter didn't win him popularity points.

Anyway, I'd really love to read more responses. How you feel about a movie, or the director, something even closely related. I don't mind what it is. A conversation between you and someone else. Sometimes it's nice to just read.

SUNDAYS AND CYBELE

I love these kinds of movies - unique.. Unassuming. I remember constantly thinking about the age disparity, and have wondered if a movie like this gets better with a re-watch. I am guessing no, but give me your thoughts if you have seen it more than once.

This looks like Serge's first feature film. It has an 8.1/10 (4.4k ratings) on IMDB, yet, his next three movies have under 400 ratings, and he never made anymore. Does anyone know what happened to this guy? The world probably lost a lot of money. Oops, mistake, but I'm keeping it in. We lost a lot more than money! If I had a guess, I'd say the subject matter didn't win him popularity points.

Anyway, I'd really love to read more responses. How you feel about a movie, or the director, something even closely related. I don't mind what it is. A conversation between you and someone else. Sometimes it's nice to just read.

I watched that in one of the HoFs. I really enjoyed it.

THE INSECT WOMAN

If anyone has any recommendations by Imamura, list away... I like from what I've seen from the Japanese New Wave, even though I despise terms like those, and even how they are practiced. I think when someone tries to get into a certain market, they become self-limiting, too self-conscious.. Years later, the business of a movie might be minimal because the of the disparity between the trailer and the category of movie. Again, categories are lazy. A great movie could (but shouldn't feel compelled) have elements of drama, horror, fantasy, adventure, action and have it work... if you have great talent all around.

I'd like to see a movie today before it gets too late.. I never start a movie after 3pm.

PAPILLON

One of the great prison movies out there... Steve McQueen's best role. One of my very favorite actors. He could do more than most actors with just his eyes than they can with best-selling book dialogue.
Agreed, my favorite prison movie and top ten of the decade.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I even paused it, daydreaming and writing a story how she'd by my sugar mama
KINKY!!!

A good and interesting "classic" top so far. I'm looking forward to the first 25 films.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@mark f recommends the whole cinema, preferably watched over just one weekend, the film fiend!

For more human film-watchers I'd recommend:
Pigs and Battleships (1961)
Vengeance Is Mine (1979)
Black Rain (1989)