Classic Disney

Tools    

It's annoying but not surprising. Classic marketing tactic to force demand by restricting the playing field. Just released from the vault! ELL OH ELL Disney. Not even a five year old would fall for that sh*t.

I wonder how long before Disney remake all the classics with 3D effects

I love Disney Films and feel though that recently Pixar has been the more dominant of the movies lately with The Princess and the Frog, I hope that the Disney Animators will come up with more ideas to get back to the days of The Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast.

YAY! Another Classic Disney fan

I totally agree with you, I miss the days of all the great classic Disney films.
I feel when Disney started going with these straight to DVD sequels they started making less quality. Now some of the sequels like Return To Neverland wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't the same quality as the original Peter Pan or other Disney classics we all have come accustomed to.
Hopefully the animators will go back to more the way of Walt's original thinking and develop more original ideas such as the recent Princess and the Frog which in my opinion was a big animation success since The Lion King.

Good-Natured, Film-Loving Fellow
I guess what does it for me as far as the Disney Classics are concerned, frankly, is fun and crying.

Dumbo: Not so much fun as the heartbreak of being separated from your mother and put in a traveling circus, but there's plenty of crying.

The Sword in the Stone: God, I love when Merlin gets back from Bermuda. I love the transformative experiences as squirrels and fish, I love Archimedes, I love the wizard battle, I love when the dishes are being washed... and I cry when I watch the girl squirrel crying alone at the top of the tree.

The Aristocats: I love cats, so there's that. I love the little mouse who is so sincere and really cares about the kittens. I love the sweet little old lawyer and his flirting. I love Lafayette and Napoleon (he's the leader, he'll say when the movie's over)! I suppose there's no crying in this one for me; I just have fun watching it!

Oliver and Company: Does anyone else love Billy Joel? I just hate Georgette and Sykes, but I'm nuts about everyone else! I cry right out of the gate - the intro song and imagery break me right down, and the exhilirating song "Why Should I Worry?" picks me right back up. It's a rollercoaster with cats, dogs, Bette Midler, and Cheech Marin -- is there anything better than that? Anywhere? In the universe?

Bambi: This film is beauty; it's art. Thumper's mom gives good advice, too.

The Jungle Book: This is just about as much fun as one can have, I think. I love Bagheera, but I think that even more than that, I love when Disney meant artful animation. By artful animation, I mean lots and lots of photographs of drawings on paper. By that I mean drawings of panthers and bears and vultures. Nuff said?

Pinocchio: I can say nothing but this: Disney will never do better than they did with Pinocchio.

Lady and the Tramp: I cry every time when Trusty bays out into the night when he finally catches the scent of the Tramp. The rat/cradle scene is horrifying. The rest of the time I just have a lot of fun!

The Fox and the Hound: I always cry when Widow Tweed leaves Todd in the woods. I love the ridiculous little birds (one of whom is played by whoever did the voice of Tigger), and I love the hillbilly neighbor and his long-johns.

One Hundred and One Dalmatians: The jazzy credits are something I just can't do without. I'm crazy about Roger's narration throughout, especially the scene in which he's looking out the window at dogs and their owners, noting their resemblance. I love the dogs' matchmaking quite a bit. Also, the petty thugs are charming to me in spite of their involvment in such a horrible scheme. I, of course, cry when I see the resuscitation of the newborn puppy, too.

yamaf350 you hit it right on the head. I really think that is what Walt was aiming for when he was part of the animation and direction of these early Disney Classics. He wanted to create the laughter. He also wanted to create the connections between you and the characters so you have the ability to cry for a Dumbo or Bambi. That is why these films will last a lifetime.

Beauty & The Beast is my favorite. I also really like The Lion King, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, The Aristocats, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Pete's dragon, Lilo & Stitch, The Empereror's New Groove, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, Aladdin, The Rescuers, Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs, Dumbo, Fantasia and Pocahontas just to name a few.

Female Jungle Poster
I so want to see Fantasia but I can't find it anywhere
Ooof, you poor thing. I have the digitally remastered version, and I must advise you to sell hapless waifs to wicked people if that's what it takes to get your hands on it.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Yamaf350 I love how you talked about what you love about your Favourite Classic Disney Films, So much so, I've decided to do it with my favourite Classic Disney Films.

So here it is:

The Lion King: I absolutely love everything about this film so much from, the music, to the characters to the storyline. However I've never been able to watch the scene when Simba's dad dies, that is just soooo sad.

The Little Mermaid: Just like The Lion King, I absolutely love everything about this movie, the music, the characters & the storyline. Especially the love storyline between Ariel & Eric. Plus Ariel is my 3rd favourite princess out of all the Disney Princesses.

Snow White & The Seven Dwalfs: This has always been one of my favourites, ever since I was a little girl. I absolutely love the storyline & characters in this Disney Film so much. Snow White has actually always been my favourite Disney Princess ever since I was little as well. The one thing that used to scare me in this movie, even though it was my favourite was when the Queen turns into the Witch. I always used to have nightmares about her & thought she was after me.

Lady & The Tramp: I absolutely love this animal Disney Film so much. Along side The Lion King this is one of my favourite Animal Disney Movies. It's just soooo sweet & cute. I really love the love storyline between Lady & Tramp.

Bambi: What a sweet Disney film this is. Bambi himself is absolutely adorable. Another character I love in this film is Thumper he is also adorable & very cute. The storyline in this film is absolutely beautiful but sad at the same time (especially when Bambi's mother died).

It was a good golden age. They put out a good amount of films too. PIXAR's doing a pretty good job with recapturing a certain aspect of that magic, I'd say.
Agreed. PIXAR is a new generation of animated movies. I think there is no comparison to Disney classic animated movies. They are just different.

The Princess and the Frog was livable to make it through. So that's really not a bad thing at all.
Good point. It will be classic someday anyway.

Does it annoy anyone else that they only release Classic Disney movies every few years. It really annoyes me!
I planned to say that but you already said. YES! It's really annoying me too! I dont know why they do that. Anyone knows?

It's annoying but not surprising. Classic marketing tactic to force demand by restricting the playing field. Just released from the vault! ELL OH ELL Disney. Not even a five year old would fall for that sh*t.
Interesting term - "classic marketing tactic". Disney seems make a lot of money by manipulating released DVDs rather than selling DVDs all the time.

I love many Disney classic. I think Beauty & the Beast is the best one. I think Lilo And Stitch is the worst Disney classic. Which Disney classic movie is worst?