Greatest Horror Icon

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
since the word used is "icon" not "character", a lot of these answers don't make no sense at all...

while Pinhead, Ash, The Punisher, Michael Myers might be good characters, they certaintly can hold any "icon" status next to Frankenstein's Monster, or my answer which is Dracula/Nosferatu, or whatever name you want to refer to him as.

Of course there's nothing that says icon has to be a character either...

Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney, and Vincent Price are great ones too.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Even though Ash' s character was only in one of three real horror movies, I'll have to agree. I tried to be him for halloween but making a costume for Ash is harder than it looks.

I'd have to say Jason Voorhees, because when most people think of the horror genre, a hockey mask comes to mind. This is true to most people who haven't even seen a horror movie.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by BCRichdude88
I'd have to say Jason Voorhees, because when most people think of the horror genre, a hockey mask comes to mind. This is true to most people who haven't even seen a horror movie.
I've seen a horror movie or two and the last thing that comes to mind is a hockey mask.

Bruce Campbell for an icon, he's synomynous with horror, Evil Dead, Maniac Cop and Bubba to name some. And (zombie) Ash for character from Evil Dead 2. And also generaly zombies, i think, deserve a mention the range of them is more varied than you'd imagine :
Talking witty zombies (Return Of The Living Dead) "...brains...MORE brans" lmao
Basically human, but dead (Evil Dead)
The fast moving insane ones (28 Days Later, although they're 'infected'/Dawn of the Dead 2004)
The classic (Night Of The Living Dead)
Comedy (Shaun Of The Dead)
Gh3y (Scooby Doo and Zombie Island)
Crap, completely unscary (Resident Evil)
and others
The zombie is my fav horror icon, everything about it is horror, dead, scary, vast numbers providing extreme scenes of tension.
Also, amen to the CLASSICS Bela, Boris, Ed Wood hehe
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	brucecon01.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	2977  

I'm gonna make my usual top 5 list of my favorite horror movie icons.

Hem hem. . .these are in order too.

1.Jack Torrence
2.Leatherface
3.Hellraiser
4.Freddy Krueger

5.the Dead people in the Dead Trilogy
And found he was eating his shoe.

Freddy is a puss IMO. I have to go with Hannibal Lechter. Though I love Jason and Michael Myers.

Im gonna have to go with the original Nosferatu

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
I've seen a horror movie or two and the last thing that comes to mind is a hockey mask.
Well I guess you're not most people.

It's hard to pick an Icon of horror. If the answer of what the icon is, is the most powerful or vicious, it would have to be Pinhead ofcourse. But if the answer of what the icon is, is the person that is the most memorable and most recognizable for horror status, it's no other than Dracula. Dracula's been remade countless times and will continue to be. If what is an icon is the person who represents horror and evil in its purest form, I'd have to say either Freddy or Leatherface. I'd love to say Ash could be the horror icon but he can't be because he's a good guy. You can't have a good guy be the horror icon. But Ash is just freaken awesome. I like him more than any of the icon canditates.

"Alright you primitive screw-heads, listen up. You see this? This...is my BOOMstick! It's a twelve-gauge double barrel Remington. S-Mart's top of the line...You can find this in the sporting goods department." Ha ha ha
That kills me.

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
Ditto. That is at least one of the very last things that come to mind. If it even comes to mind at all.

Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
im gonna have to go with Michael Myers. he is definitly the scariest horror movie slasher. he stalks you all day until he is ready to strike. He is pure evil and mad strong but u can kill him it is jus very hard.
I have to agree. Also the mask he wears was far creepier than any other I have seen. There was just somthing eerie about it. Actually, the first mask, the old william shatner halloween mask was the best. And as the movies progressed they didn't have the same look and feel as the original one had.

The leprechaun from Leprechaun in the Hood. You know you like it!

Those little tiny clay demons from The Gate.
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
If what is an icon is the person who represents horror and evil in its purest form, I'd have to say either Freddy or Leatherface.
i agree with freddy but leatherface.he doesnt represent evil in its purest form because he shows compassion.

Pinhead is the best icon. He owns all. When Jason, Meyers, Leatherface, or Lecter kills you, its pretty hardcore, but then your dead. With pinhead you got eternity of hanging from meathooks. Theres no comparison. Ash is a close second cause he consistently unleashes his fury in such horror classics as the evil deads and Bubba Hotep.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	pinhead.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	3037   Click image for larger version

Name:	s3ash.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	3038  

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Pinhead is the best icon. He owns all. When Jason, Meyers, Leatherface, or Lecter kills you, its pretty hardcore, but then your dead. With pinhead you got eternity of hanging from meathooks. Theres no comparison. Ash is a close second cause he consistently unleashes his fury in such horror classics as the evil deads and Bubba Hotep.
well, he's good at torture and all, but

well, u all know who i'm gonna say, any way, so what's the point?

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
Ash is a close second cause he consistently unleashes his fury in such horror classics as the evil deads and Bubba Hotep.
Bubba Hotep? Did I not see a movie with Ash or did I misunderstand you?

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
Bubba Hotep? Did I not see a movie with Ash or did I misunderstand you?
Er, yeah ash got hit on the head real hard by a deadite and years later is in a retirement home and thinks hes elvis.

actually, Clive Barker, Bram Stokes, Stephen King, Wes Craven, and John Carpenter are all the true "icons" of horror, they actually thought up all these people