Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

Yes! I watched it last year, but it appears that was pre-MoFo so my enthusiastic review has been lost.
But yeah, Blood Beat is one of those rare films that just exists in its own world. That world being Samurai-infested Wisconsin.

It's on Tubi, everybody! Watch Blood Beat.
Just watched this and...THIS is the slasher you like?!?

If the movie had more scenes like that and fewer scenes like *gestures at 90% of the movie* I might have liked it more.

She fixes the cable?

That explains the weird end credits.

"You have been watching LOGJAMMIN'."

That explains the weird end credits.

"You have been watching LOGJAMMIN'."
LOL. Context free, it just looks like she's getting her TV to work. All that's missing is an actor like Joe Spinell popping up afterwards and saying "you know, you can jiggle the antenna with your hands."
Anyways, God bless Tubi. Will add.

I've only seen it the one time but I wasn't remembering it as a slasher, probably because of the supernatural bits. But I guess it is one.
I think it hits enough slasher bits/tropes to qualify, similar to The Boogeyman.

I dunno, I can imagine enjoying this in theory and kind of admire how perversely uneventful it is....but it's also SO BORING. Sorry guys, I'm sitting out this round.

Ok, one nice thing I'll say that the mother wears great looking, very colourful shawl or whatever in this.

While it might be true there is a long build in Blood Beat, I think the films strengths actually lie in the more dormant places. The mysterious dynamics between these characters, all these weird random plot threads that seem to swirl around eachother while barely touching, drew me right in from the beginning. Add to this the fact that it has a great sense of place (RLM touches on this in their review, how it really seems to understand the kind of lives that exist in such barren and lonely and somewhat depressing places like Wisconsin) and the alien quality of some of the actors, gives it a lot of flavor. It is part of the charm of these regional, low-budget horror films. They all have a very specific, hard to explain quality tied to their locale.

Even if these padded scenes were terrible though, those peak moments of action in this are so good they would still carry the movie. At least 25 minutes of this 80 minute film are completely bonkers. That's an impressive ratio when talking about some movie that has virtually no cult following whatsoever.

I think the movie is legitimately very good (with no need to tie this to comparisons to other low budget nonsense). It's possibly my favorite first time watch horror I've seen this whole year (unless we are counting Messiah of Evil's clean new print, which was almost like watching a completely new movie)

Also, if anyone can possibly find a link to the rare experimental film The Experiencer (1977), or has any way to track it down, you'll be my hero.
Well, it took me nearly 5 months, but I finally tracked down a copy of it. Do you still need a link to it?

Oh my, I completely forgot about this.

Yeah, a link would be neat.
I dmed it to you. It's on youtube, so I probably could've just posted it here, but *shrugs*

Get Back: 5/5

Top Ten Least Favorite Beatle Classics

10) Come Together
09) Octopus' Garden
08) Fool on the Hill
07) Obla-di Obla-da
06) Get Back
05) Paperback Writer
04) Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
03) Lady Madonna
02) Drive My Car
01) Back in the USSR