What would you say was the best Television Series turned into a movie??

Tools    

I just brought leave it to beaver moive at big lots for 3 doallors. its really good moive.i never got into the tv show.i also liked lost in space a lot.

Scooby Doo. Well, the first one anyway.

have to go with buffy

Movie Forums Member
friday night lights is pretty good

The best ones:

*Batman

*Spiderman

*Superman

Twin Peaks is the best TV show ever made, and Fire Walk With Me is a brilliant film.

Some my faves:

5. Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm
These types of animated movies that're spun-off of equally animated TV series, are usually ones that I don't hold much hope for.
Therefore, I was quite surprised at not only how much I enjoyed this big screen adaption the Bruce Timm little screen episodes, but also, at how I found it's story to be better than many of those of the TV program. Walking out at the end of Phantasm, I actually found myself feeling like the giant comicbook nerd that I truly am, but for years, had denied myself of truly being.

4. The Addams Family Values
In this family, dysfunctionality is a form of functionality.
Stretching mom out on a torture rack or throwing the baby out of a third story window is simply a way of communicating "You're okay, I'm okay".
And one of the advantages that comes with having the last name of Addams is that, no matter how many family-friendly games of tag you play,
your cousin will always be Itt.
This sequel was a film that was alot wittier than not only the sentence that precedes this one, but also, than the movie that preceded Values.

3. Maverick
Actually, when I said in the Batman entry that I don't hope much for animated movies of animated TV series, that can apply to any movie spun-off from TV, particularly ones that have a heavy comedic slant. The ratio for these types of projects, for me at least, seem way more bad than good. And therefore, this is what I expected from Maverick. However, even though the film maybe goes a little too long, it is a great follow up in terms of it's plot-point & it's casting of Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster & original series' mouth-motoring cowboy, James Garner.

2. Serenity
The final chapter of the much beloved but rarely seen sci-fi series Firefly. This movie does a fine job of continuing the storyline from the TV show but without making those not familiar with it's smaller screen counter-part feeling like they're too far out of the loop.
A great cast of well-rounded individualized star-faring rogues is involved in a smart & focused plotline that shapes into a mission that is driven by a universal "aim to misbehave" attitude & with a honest "saving the soul of humanity" revelance, but without any compromise to a thrilling & entertaining climax.

1. The Fugitive
A great "on the run" movie filled with high paced & yet intelligent suspence.
And even though one of the main antigonists, the man with arm, for me doesn't really come off as all that convincing as a deadly villian (even with his "training", I bet that I could still take him on. With, y'know... one arm tied behind my back), the film makes up for it by the unrelentless character of U.S. Marshal Samuel Gerard, a role played with alot of fun by Mr. Tommy Lee Jones.

I also liked Mission Impossible, The Untouchables & X-Files, but I didn't include 'em on this list cuz I never watched their TV versions.

Jackie chan movies have come as a cartoon tv series ..........for some of the months

Welcome to the human race...
No, Chan is just the star of a cartoon series that is completely separate to any of the movies he's done.

Even if it were based on a movie, this thread is about TV to movies, not the other way around.

Who is this "we" you refer to? Are you Borg?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Ah, touche!

edit: our last couple of posts look out of place now seeing as that spammer has been erased from the board forever.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Movies turned into Series there is only one: Buffy.

with all due respect TUS,

As far as going the other way, i will assume for the purposes of this thread, only actual television series are permitted and not skits from say SNL in which case The Blues Brothers and Waynes World would be fine choices.

I would vote for Star Trek and/or The Fugitive. Some of the newer remakes, like Dukes of Hazzard seemed like all they were trying to do was make fun of the TV series. I happened to be a huge Dukes fan as a kid and was disappointed with the big screen re-tread.

Not sure if superhero movies count, other than Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, which is probably the best in my opinion. that or the Simpsons Movie.

I may have misread it but i thought this thread was TV series into movie?
Buffy was a movie turned into a TV series, a great series but to answer the question, I would have to say Serenity from Firefly by Joss Whedon who as you all know also did Buffy

Except for the ones mentioned (the good ones at least) i'd add The Inbetweeners. The movie was a lot better than it deserved to be, especially considering the track record of British Comedy TV to Films.

And this bloke

Jagshemash!