R.I.P Gary Graham

Tools    

The doors of wisdom are never shut. - 'Socrates'
Condolences to the family and friends of the actor Gary Graham who has passed away (June 6, 1950 – January 22, 2024). He was most well known for his sci fi roles from Alien Nation and as a recurring Vulcan in Star Trek Enterprise.

R.I.P

Did you know that in the 1980s movie PREDATOR the titular character was not originally portrayed by Kevin Peter Hall. It was in fact Jean-Claude Van Damme donning a much more insect inspired full body suit before he left the production which then led to the recasting and redesigning of the famous hunter.

I mainline Windex and horse tranquilizer
I used to watch Alien Nation all the time.

He was also in the cinematic masterpiece, Robot Jox.

RIP

Tomato Necromancy - now with Vitamin R!
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=65140

I used to watch Alien Nation all the time.

He was also in the cinematic masterpiece, Robot Jox.

RIP
R.I.P. I liked him in these as well. I had no idea he had so many Star Trek appearances. Will get around to seeing Voyager and Enterprise one of these days.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
He was also great as Jimmy Shine, a member of the titular car club who is heading to Vietnam (as the film is set in 1965) and has his fears in The Hollywood Knights. He also was a great lead in Robot Jox. RIP

I liked him in anything I saw him in. Besides the countless TV show he was in, including his run on Star Trek: Enterprise, my favorite performance of his is in The Hollywood Knights. I love that movie, and one of the best scenes for me is when his friends and the local car garage friend of his fix his car up with a brand new stereo that plays "California Dreamin'" and the look on his face, of appreciation and the apprehension for his upcoming tour in Vietnam. Godspeed, Gary.

I first seen and liked Gary Graham in Alien Nation. As a Star Trek fan I really liked his many arrogant/surly characters that he played in the various Star Trek shows. He was effective as a guest star on ST Voyager 'Cold Fire' as Tanis a 'bad' Ocampa who threatens the crew.

And loved his 'difficult' Vulcan ambassador Soval on ST Enterprise.

Don't know him.

Viewing Enterprise as a whole, it was interesting how Graham's character gradually went from antagonist to protagonist by the show's end.
I think that's because by the very end of Enterprise we learn why the Vulcans were authoritarian like they were...It's a big spoiler, so I won't say more

I think that's because by the very end of Enterprise we learn why the Vulcans were authoritarian like they were...It's a big spoiler, so I won't say more
We'll probably be discussing it at some point on your other thread.

I was just glad that Enterprise went to great lengths to explain WHY Vulcans seemed to act so differently on the show than the ones we were familiar with up until then (but I don't know if "Discovery" ever explained why their Klingons are so different from previous ones - but on every level - they are literally a different color - a dark bluish grey as opposed to spanning from beige to brown - and all their costuming & ship designs look like they are directly out of Dune!)

P.S. Gary Graham was only 74 and died of cardiac arrest.