Carl Weathers (1948-2024) RIP

Tools    

I have to see this. Arrested Development goes on the must watch list.
RIP Carl.
Oh absolutely. One of the funniest shows ever (at least the original run from '03 to '06).

Thank you for drinking the water and making
Predator one of the s_______t movies of all time 🥲
I see what you did there. I think. Either way it took me waaaay too long.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
This one totally shocked me...can't believe Apollo Creed is gone! Carl Weathers was awesome...He even had a pretty good action TV series in the 90's, Street Justice, where his maverick cop with a gun and badge teams up with a young rookie with martial arts skills, played by the excellent Bryan Genesee.

The Back To The Future of actors in that while not everyone loved him, almost no one has a bad word to say about him. Just seemed to be a good actor, a good person and, now, a much missed one.

R.I.P. Carl.

Carl Weathers, best known for his portrayal as Apollo Creed, has passed away, peacefully in his sleep according to his family. Among his other well known films he is best remembered for, are Predator, Happy Gilmore, and Action Jackson.
Outside of Hollywood, he also briefly played in the NFL, notably for the Oakland Raiders.
I always felt he should have been nominated for an Oscar for his role in Rocky.
I 100% agree with you that he should have been nominated for his performance in Rocky. The way he delivers his lines of dialogue, his screen presence, charisma...he pretty much steals all the scenes he's in.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

R.I.P.

Very sorry to hear this, very underrated actor. Loved Apollo Creed of course and I also thought he was very funny in Happy Gilmore. Loved him on Arrested Development too. RIP

I'm real sorry to hear of Carl's passing. I agree with everyone's comments about the movie's and shows he was in and how great he was. I also agree completely with @doubledenim about the gleam in Weather's eye and that you knew it when you saw it. I saw it more than once and loved it. He was just one of those actors that you wish you could have been friends with, he was so likeable. I saw that recent commercial also and figured he was doing fine. I haven't read about a cause of death yet.

I liked him so much that when Spielberg released his "Special Edition" of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, I hated it because he had cut out Weathers' one scene as a Military Policeman who makes a thinly veiled threat to Richard Dreyfuss. Thankfully I found a copy of the original on DVD. I also loved Weathers in a film called The Sasquatch Gang (2006), a YA movie where he played a supposed sasquatch expert, and he really showed his comic chops, like in Happy Gilmore. This is a tough loss. Godspeed, Carl.