Jack Nicholson retires at 76

Tools    

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml

He is one of the most famous and much loved actors of this century with a career spanning over five decades.

But it has now been reported that Jack Nicholson has retired from acting at the age of 76.

Radaronline.com claims that the Oscar Award winning star has quietly stepped away from the movie business without any official announcement.

A Hollywood insider told the website: 'Jack has — without fanfare — retired'.

The source also claims that the incredibly talented star is suffering from memory loss.

'There is a simple reason behind his decision — it’s memory loss,' they say.

'Quite frankly, at 76, Jack has memory issues and can no longer remember the lines being asked of him.

'His memory isn’t what it used to be.'

Jack reportedly recently turned down the role of an aging alcoholic father in the upcoming film, Nebraska.

He had apparently told the producers on the film that he 'was not interested' in taking on the role and it went to actor Bruce Dern, 77, instead.

The As Good As It Gets star has not starred in movie since 2010, when he joined the cast of How Do You Know in 2010, alongside Reese Witherspoon, Paul Rudd and Owen Wilson.
What an illustrious career the man has had. He deserves a long break, if you ask me.

However good some actors may be,I think they should retire when they're still relatively young.Maybe it's just me but watching DeNiro or Pacino in new films..it's just not the same.

Jack Nicholson is a LEGEND. He's my second favorite actor of all time and, according to me, without a doubt the greatest Hollywood legend still alive.

He had a brilliant career.

And also in real life, he's the boss:

However good some actors may be,I think they should retire when they're still relatively young.Maybe it's just me but watching DeNiro or Pacino in new films..it's just not the same.
Well with De Niro it's because he has appeared in so many sh*t films since it turned the 21st century

But yeh, I'm a fan of Jack Nicholson, a great actor who has appeared in some of my favourite roles and films

On the outside looking in.
If this is true it's a sad day for film fans, but perhaps Jack feels he just isn't being offered decent roles any more. Still, given how simple it is to fabricate such a story in the internet age, this could turn out to be a lot of bunk...

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im a big fan of Jack Nicholson, great career he has had and has starred in some of my favorite films.

If this is true it's a sad day for film fans, but perhaps Jack feels he just isn't being offered decent roles any more.
Well, the article says he has memory issues, so probably that's the reason, but I agree that's it's always a little sad when a screen legend declares he is done with making films.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
If he feels its the right time then good luck to him. Proper legend. He is never going to exceed what he has done before, and he probably has all the money in the world so why not enjoy the last few years without the stress of working.

Not everyone can be a Christopher Plummer or Christopher Lee carrying on into their 80's or 90's in Lee's case.

Well, the article says he has memory issues, so probably that's the reason, but I agree that's it's always a little sad when a screen legend declares he is done with making films.
"Memory issues?" That sounds like someone trying to get some attention by starting a rumour on the internet. Hard to imagine Jack admitting he can no longer cut it...

Im a big fan of Jack Nicholson, great career he has had and has starred in some of my favorite films.

That gif just gave me a headache.

Memory loss, thats a tough one. I hope it doesnt escalate. Anyway I doubt he needs the money to keep working.

I had sort of assumed he'd retired without making an announcement. But I still had the hope that one of these years he'd make an awesome one movie comeback or something. But if there really is a memory loss problem...

Dammit.

Christopher Lee carrying on into their 80's or 90's in Lee's case.
That guy is a vampire, he's probably hundreds of years old.

What an illustrious career the man has had. He deserves a long break, if you ask me.
Well, death is pretty long....

Bummer. He's tied with De Niro as my favorite actor of all time, really an amazing talent who has delivered fantastic performances in a lot of my favorite movies.

Amazing actor, certainly in my top 3. But his retirement doesn't devastate me, people post 70 are usually ready to retire, and actors should have as much right as anyone to do it. Look forward to watching the rest of his filmography, eventually. Great guy, plus he's good friends with Polanski

I'm not old, you're just 12.
So far, just a rumor. Some are reporting it as false, as well. Only Jack knows for sure...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

So far, just a rumor. Some are reporting it as false, as well. Only Jack knows for sure...
Yes, in the internet age, it's pretty much impossible to separate fact from rumour; why can't anyone ever "report" that Justin Bieber is retiring???