Disney buys LucasFilm, Star Wars Episode 7 slated for 2015

Tools    

Thing is, is that those DVDs that were labelled as Originals aren't actually the original version of the movie, they're close to being the original version but there's still a couple of scenes in each one that are different from the cinematic release.

One scene that has always stuck in my mind is Aunt Beru talking to Uncle Owen, her voice has been dubbed over at some point since the film was made and the apparent DVD of the cinematic version still has the dubbed voice instead of the original actress' voice.

It was all a swindle basically.
The changes you're talking about are minor and cosmetic. They aren't Greedo shooting first.

I'm probably the only one excited by this. Aren't people forgetting The Avengers and the whole Marvel universe franchise ? I for one hope Disney know what they are doing and make a good Star Wars film.

Semper Fooey
They are going to put Roger Rabbit in the Star Wars Universe.

I can imagine a Roger Rabbit remake... Who Framed Jar Jar Binks?

Guest cameo appearances from the usual mixed cast of Mickey Mouse, Mighty Mouse, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Boss Nass, a flying R2D2 and Yoda.

I'm probably the only one excited by this. Aren't people forgetting The Avengers and the whole Marvel universe franchise ? I for one hope Disney know what they are doing and make a good Star Wars film.
For every Avengers/Muppets Disney puts out a Pirates sequel/John Carter. It's tough to get excited by the prospect of more Star Wars, especially after the prequel trilogy.

Johnny Depp as Ben Skywalker (Luke's son named after Ben Kenobi) with Tim Burton directing and Helena Bonham Carter as Leia's daughter... but they don't know they're cousins and share a kiss in their first film together.

For every Avengers/Muppets Disney puts out a Pirates sequel/John Carter. It's tough to get excited by the prospect of more Star Wars, especially after the prequel trilogy.
Well I have to say that it would be exciting to see what a great story teller could do to the story. Someone who would bring a fresh perspective from Lucas but yea I must agree that I am dubious by Disneys involvement!

But hey who knows!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/21/3...-new-star-wars

'Empire Strikes Back' and 'Return of the Jedi' writer hired for new 'Star Wars' trilogy

According to The Hollywood Reporter, writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg have agreed to write installments of the new Star Wars trilogy, and they will write either Episode 8 or Episode 9. Kasdan's already got some serious credentials under his belt: he previously co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Kasdan's counterpart Kinberg has written titles including X-Men: The Last Stand, Sherlock Holmes, and Jumper. The Hollywood Reporter says that the writers' exact responsibilities haven't been determined yet, and it's unclear if the duo will take on both movies. Regardless, it's exciting news for Star Wars fans who hold the original trilogy in high regard.

The new Star Wars trilogy resulted from Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm, announced back in October. Disney plans to release the first of the new trilogy, Star Wars: Episode 7, sometime in 2015. That film will be written by Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine writer Michael Arndt.

No, I think it's a good thing as well. The Star Wars universe is great, George Lucas in his old age handling it is not.

Iron Fitness: http://ironfitnessonline.com/

Ugh? The one who wrote Little Miss Sunshine and Toy Story 3 to write Star Wars 7? The Star Wars franchise should have ended in 1983. I mean, Star Wars 7? Please... It will be a film on the level of Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones at best.

Just another movie Guru
I'm excited about this one;

Disney really knows what they're doing when it comes to making sure they can have a great profitable product in the male market; which is why they purchased Marvel.

Disney also realizes that for the series to remain profitable, they will need to leave the stories whole without "disneyfying" them, so to speak.

This also opens up many other options; such as remodeling the Epcot Center to look like the Death Star. If they could transform one of the disney kingdoms into their newly acquired properties, they would grow their profitability exponentially.

And, even though I'm not a huge starwars fan, I know that Disney has let the original Lucas Team stay in the loop, which is a very important factor.

And we can't forget that they also picked up the indiana jones series.

When Disney picks up a new property, they don't often "ruin" it like when the company leases out character or property rights.

Do you work for Disney?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Just another movie Guru
Do you work for Disney?
No, but working in the film industry you sort of keep up on these kinds of things.

No, but working in the film industry you sort of keep up on these kinds of things.
Yeah, I was joking.

But Disney and Star Wars being a good thing is the worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Maybe you need to stop keeping "up on these kinds of things."