Movie 43 (2012)

Tools    

Very little information so far regarding details of the plot, besides this description. It seems like one of those that could truly go either way, but a combination of this:

"Movie 43 is the brain child of Charlie Wessler, who produces lots of our movies. Basically, he wanted to do a Kentucky Fried Movie type of movie with a bunch of shorts, but we didn’t want to do one that was just one short after another with no connection. So, what Movie 43 is, is that kind of movie with a wrap-around and the wrap-around is two 15-year-old stoners and their 11-year-old egghead brother/computer whiz, who are trying to find the elusive Movie 43.

It’s the most banned movie in the world. It was banned in all countries because it’s so subversive. They have heard about it and they are trying to find it on the Internet. They keep breaking into other banned sites and movie archives, and finding these other shorts. After every two or three movies, you come back to these kids who are still looking, but someone is trying to stop them from finding Movie 43 and that starts turning. So, there is a plot within the shorts. We have something happening in the wrap-around."
and the cast/crew, which looks incredible and includes actors:

Emma Stone, Hugh Jackman, Chloe Moretz, Jason Sudeikis, Gerard Butler, Anna Faris, Elizabeth Banks, Josh Duhamel, Kristin Bell, Kate Winslet, Uma Thurman, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Naomi Watts, Sean William Scott, Stephen Merchant, Richard Gere, Justin Long, Johnny Knoxville and Kieran Culkin,

and directors:

Brett Ratner, James Gunn, Steven Brill and Peter Farrelly (among others),

makes me very excited to give it a chance.

I hope the film can live upto the premise. I very much doubt it with that cast. Maybe I'll get lucky and all the people I don't like will be in the same short.

Only thing that's been confirmed so far in terms of which actors/directors will be working together is Elizabeth Banks and John Duhamel with James Gunn - that's from Gunn's Formspring page. Forgot to put that in the first post.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Reminds me a bit of the film Burning Palms only with a bigger cast.

RED BAND TRAILER: NSFW

Suspect's Reviews

I hope it's only a bit, or even better, nothing like Burning Palms quality, it was a terrible film.

This film however, looks fabulous. Can do without the Anna Farris section though...

No apologies necessary.

I'm excited to see this. As long as there are this many directors and cast members it's guaranteed to be very hit-and-miss, but there promises to be some hilarious parts to cancel out the not-so-hilarious ones, so I'm in. The majority of the cast is awesome.