R.I.P. Neil Armstrong

Tools    

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...s-aged-82.html
Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, died yesterday aged 82.

As commander of the Apollo 11 mission, Armstrong became the first human to set foot on the moon on July 21, 1969.

He radioed back to Earth the historic statement: "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." He then spent nearly three hours walking on the moon with fellow astronaut Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin.

Praising Armstrong as a "reluctant American hero," his family said in a statement on Saturday that he had "served his nation proudly, as a navy fighter pilot, test pilot, and astronaut."

The British astronomer Sir Patrick Moore said: "As the first man on the moon, he broke all records. He was a man who had all the courage in the world."

Pioneer. Hero. Legend. R.I.P.

I find this very sad. To do something like that - and to be the first - and to now be newly deceased -- it's a great loss. I guess there wasn't much more the man could have done, but what a hell of an interesting man to lose.

R.I.P.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I was glued to the TV during Apollo 11, and I even took a photo of the guys on the moon off our B&W set. I still have the newspapers (Los Angeles Herald-Examiner) of Apollo 11 along with others I started saving at an early age, such as when John Glenn went into orbit and the assassination of JFK. Growing up, I read all the kids' books about traveling in space and studied about our solar system and galaxy, so all the astronauts were heroes of mine. Neil Armstrong was a modern-day explorer and pioneer.

R.I.P., Mr. Armstrong.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The man was a legend and will be taught for years. I hope one day we can continue sending manned shuttles to space and visiting other planets and such.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I feel like doing a From the Earth to the Moon DVD marathon in his honour.

He's lived to a ripe age and he will surely remain one of the most famous and admired men in history, for many generations to come. RIP.

If you've not seen it, may I recommend one of my favourite films.

R.I.P. Mr. Armstrong.
That's a good one. I saw it years ago. Reviewed it here.

I loved when they talked about the strange object that followed Apollo 11 to the moon and watched what they did the entire time. Spooky!

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Us-Flag-On-Moon-wallpapers.jpg
Views:	1504
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	9284  

It's strange growing up you couldnt mention the moon or space without Neil Armstrong being brought into it but in the last ten years Ive really only heard about Buzz. Both amazing people, who have had luck, opportunities and blessed in life. Their bravery and accomplishments will keep them immortal in history.

When you're credited as being the first person ever to walk on the moon, do you really need anything else out of life? But the person who walks second on the moon... years of therapy and media attention.

Yesterday I heard that this telescope in Parkes, Australia was the one who did the beaming that Neil Armstrong landing with Buzz Aldrin.

http://outreach.atnf.csiro.au/visiting/parkes/

If you didn't know that, then may I recommend this little gem.

What my best friend would call "a dear little film" and I wholeheartedly agree with her. Plus, it has Neighbours alumni Kevin Harrington (who was a Bishop and, therefore, loved) and Eliza Szonert.

If you didn't know that, then may I recommend this little gem.

What my best friend would call "a dear little film" and I wholeheartedly agree with her. Plus, it has Neighbours alumni Kevin Harrington (who was a Bishop and, therefore, loved) and Eliza Szonert.
Yes, I sorta new that? and also, the people who did the Dish...did this

My dead mate Father was in The Dish

F*** him!

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0019717/

I dunno. I was just in the mood to put this here.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_lstrfiOpR61qiye4bo1_500.jpg
Views:	1232
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	9291  

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Never went to the Moon.

Here is an interesting documentary on the subject.

Cue lots of flaming and insults calling me a Wackjob etc.

Here, in a rare appearance Neil Armstrong talks about "removing truths protective layers".

We've gone on holiday by mistake
^ Well, it was only a matter of time, I suppose....
Muhahahahahahaha!

It's true, they went too far in the wrong direction by mistake and landed on Mercury, so they had to make it look like the moon. I think we can all agree that they did a fine job!